DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW (2022) Samsung Tab s6 lite working with DJI FLY app ??

jmc667

Reactions
Happy New year everybody! Just got the Air 2s fly more combo, and see alot of you guys are using the older (2020) Tab s6 lite tablet. Since I'm starting all over again, I was wondering if I should purchase the the newer Tab S6 lite, or is it to new yet. I'll go either way . Just want it to work ok. I don't want to spend a ton of money on another tablet. I know they don't have compass. Thanks jmc667

You would want a tablet that has a compass built-in. Look for other brands that are similarly priced & have a compass. Also, supporting the Fly app and running the app smoothly are two different things.

You would want a tablet that has a compass built-in. Look for other brands that are similarly priced & have a compass. Also, supporting the Fly app and running the app smoothly are two different things.
ok good point. Will do

At the price of the S6 Lite, you can spend a tiny bit more for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 which does work for sure, but also has the added benefit of hitting 750nit brightness when boosted as well as handling both very hot and very cold outdoor temperatures (as well as being weatherproof). While I like the larger older S7+ it only goes to 350nit at most.

At the price of the S6 Lite, you can spend a tiny bit more for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 which does work for sure, but also has the added benefit of hitting 750nit brightness when boosted as well as handling both very hot and very cold outdoor temperatures (as well as being weatherproof). While I like the larger older S7+ it only goes to 350nit at most.
Thanks so much, I'll look at that one also

Thanks so much, I'll look at that one also
When I got mine, they were pricing both the Wifi and LTE model at the same price regardless if it was 64GB or 128GB internal (can do up to 512GB on the micro-SD). Meaning the 64GB was the same price as the 128GB be it Wifi or LTE unlocked, not sure if they're still doing that but I imagine they were trying to get them cleared for the Active4 Pro.

Oh and the Active3 just got the Android 13 update this month (since it's an "enterprise" product, it'll get up to Android 15).

When I got mine, they were pricing both the Wifi and LTE model at the same price regardless if it was 64GB or 128GB internal (can do up to 512GB on the micro-SD). Meaning the 64GB was the same price as the 128GB be it Wifi or LTE unlocked, not sure if they're still doing that but I imagine they were trying to get them cleared for the Active4 Pro.

Oh and the Active3 just got the Android 13 update this month (since it's an "enterprise" product, it'll get up to Android 15).
Isn't there a problem with dji-fly app and android 12 and higher? I thought I read somewhere where people are having problems with version 12 , when they weren't before. Anything you can tell me about that? Maybe those were old posts and firmware versions. It don't sound like you're having any problems. I know screen brightness has always been a problem, and you have to pay to get a bright screen. I still have the Phantom 3 pro and using the Tab S2 with a sun hood. Tried to install fly app , but did not go ( tab is only 32bit) so Tab s2 is now just for the Phantom.

Isn't there a problem with dji-fly app and android 12 and higher? I thought I read somewhere where people are having problems with version 12 , when they weren't before. Anything you can tell me about that? Maybe those were old posts and firmware versions. It don't sound like you're having any problems. I know screen brightness has always been a problem, and you have to pay to get a bright screen. I still have the Phantom 3 pro and using the Tab S2 with a sun hood. Tried to install fly app , but did not go ( tab is only 32bit) so Tab s2 is now just for the Phantom.
Not at all as they fixed that quite a while back and as long as you're downloading it directly from DJI website as it's no longer available in the play store.

But course 64bit device is still required.

I'm running DJI fly 1.9.0 on Android 13 without issues and haven't had any issues since 1.6 on Android 12 and up.

Not at all as they fixed that quite a while back and as long as you're downloading it directly from DJI website as it's no longer available in the play store.

But course 64bit device is still required.

I'm running DJI fly 1.9.0 on Android 13 without issues and haven't had any issues since 1.6 on Android 12 and up.
Awsome ! That's good to hear. I know that android Fly app has to come from DJI website. And roger the 64 bit. Thanks, and have a great day

Awsome ! That's good to hear. I know that android Fly app has to come from DJI website. And roger the 64 bit. Thanks, and have a great day
The other thing to look for, especially if you're aiming on the budget end, is that it must have at least 3GB of ram, DJI Fly does not do well at all at less than that, and usually doesn't like to perform well at only 3GB (especially if you have other stuff installed on the device). So aim at 4GB or more for better results.

The other thing to look for, especially if you're aiming on the budget end, is that it must have at least 3GB of ram, DJI Fly does not do well at all at less than that, and usually doesn't like to perform well at only 3GB (especially if you have other stuff installed on the device). So aim at 4GB or more for better results.
I know, it's not like a desktop computer were you can just open it up and pop in some more ram . Your stuck with what you have in a tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas