DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY video transfer from card reader to android tab A8

jmc667

Reactions
Hi guys! Kind of a newbie to this forum. I've looked here for an answer before posting, but no luck. I have the Air2s purchased this past Jan. Only flew a couple of times so far being in Ohio. I have the DJI-RC controller, and the Samsung Tab A8 that I also purchased more to edit in the DJI Fly app. Also, I know I Have the option to use it to fly. I have the DJI FLY app on the tablet now, and working. I love the DJI- RC for flying. The videos I took are recorded in 4k 30fps. I took the card from the drone and played them both on my windows 10 computer and the tab A8 with the card plugged into a Kingston Nucleum hub with no problems. I've seen many videos on how to transfer from the drone to the Fly app. I don't want to have the drone powered up, using battery power, as I would like to use the card reader. Any help is GREATLY appreciated ! maybe a link to a how to video somewhere.
Thanks so much, guys
John

Take the card from the drone and put it in your Tab A8. Power up, then select the files you want to transfer to the Tab. Create a new folder and copy the files there. Power down and put the card back in the drone. Easy.

Even easier is if you have a USB-C card reader. Use that to transfer from card to Tab. No need to power down.
I was just about to post that. That's much easier than putting the card in the tablet and having the table treat the card as part of the Android file system.

That's what I have, it's the Kingston Nucleum dongle. It plugs into tab usb-c then I put the card in the dongle. I think thats what I did, " anotherlab" The dongle comes up as USB storage 1, go into 100 media select video files there to transfer to another folder. Is there a way for DJIFLY on the tab to just find the files? the only way to see cached files is to bind the RC-N1 to the drone with the tab. Do I even care about cached files? Sorry, I know I'm doing this all wrong

That's what I have, it's the Kingston Nucleum dongle. It plugs into tab usb-c then I put the card in the dongle. I think thats what I did, " anotherlab" The dongle comes up as USB storage 1, go into 100 media select video files there to transfer to another folder. Is there a way for DJIFLY on the tab to just find the files? the only way to see cached files is to bind the RC-N1 to the drone with the tab. Do I even care about cached files? Sorry, I know I'm doing this all wrong
I've never used the DJI Fly app, just DJI Go and Go 4. So what I'm going to describe may not apply to your app or be slightly different.

You could copy the videos to the Camera folder on your device.

Then run DJI Fly. Click on the Editor tab (may be different in your app). In the upper left corner of the screen, there should be an icon that appears to be an arrow on a folder. When you tap that button, you should get a menu or a dialog labeled "Import". Tap the option labeled "Local Videos". That should let you select the videos from the Camera folder.

I've never used the DJI Fly app, just DJI Go and Go 4. So what I'm going to describe may not apply to your app or be slightly different.

You could copy the videos to the Camera folder on your device.

Then run DJI Fly. Click on the Editor tab (may be different in your app). In the upper left corner of the screen, there should be an icon that appears to be an arrow on a folder. When you tap that button, you should get a menu or a dialog labeled "Import". Tap the option labeled "Local Videos". That should let you select the videos from the Camera folder.
Is there any way to do this and have it import the video to the SD card on the tablet?

Is there any way to do this and have it import the video to the SD card on the tablet?
Get a card reader and plug it into the USB port of the tablet. There should be a file manager app on the tablet to allow you to copy the video from the SD card to storage on the tablet. If it doesn't have a file manager app, you should be able to install one from the app store.

Get a card reader and plug it into the USB port of the tablet. There should be a file manager app on the tablet to allow you to copy the video from the SD card to storage on the tablet. If it doesn't have a file manager app, you should be able to install one from the app store.
Of course I can pull the card and read it. My question is: Is there a way for the fly app to save the files to my phone's memory card? Something every other app I've ever used can do. My experience with micro SD is the mechanical portion of the reader is what fails and there are several post about this happening with dji product.

Just use the phone's file manager and copy or move the files from the drone sd card to a new folder on the phone sd card. It really ain't rocket surgery.

Got it "anotherlab" from your #10 post. Just a couple of different steps in the DJIFLY app. from your steps like you said.

Reactions: anotherlab
So on my Tab a8, when I open a video on the edit page, the screen goes from landscape to portrait. Tough to edit on timeline being so small. Is this because of Fly app running on android and not apple?

So on my Tab a8, when I open a video on the edit page, the screen goes from landscape to portrait. Tough to edit on timeline being so small. Is this because of Fly app running on android and not apple?
That means that the developers of the Android version of the app didn't consider or didn't care that the user could be using a tablet in landscape mode. As a mobile app developer, that's a pet peeve of mine. It's not that hard to support both orientations.

Oh I know, it's because they don't care. Since DJI's beginnings they have always favored Apple over Android, not that there is anything wrong with IOS, but lets be fair! That my have been ok 10 years ago, but today??? I may be a newbie on this forum, but not to DJI drones. The air2s is my 3rd. So I shouldn't be surprised. Silly me, here I thought it was something I was doing wrong... go figure. I just had a thought, I think DJI manufacturing plant is next door to Apple manufacturing

I understand all the work around methods I can use to get my images onto the SD card. It just seems ridiculous that in 2023 I can't just have the option to save to my images to my SD card like EVERY OTHER app on my device. As far as the developers work on the Android version it's pathetic.
Jmc667 There must be some reason dji throws superior support to iOS and it certainly isn't Androids 71.95% of the worldwide mobile market compared to apples 27.42%😉.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne