DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air 2S pilot from Estero Florida

Welcome to the Forum from West Palm Beach. Loads of good information and advice from an amazing group of pilots
I will tell you right now where it takes you!

YOU, a youngster!, at 77 (I will be 83 tomorrow) are in for a huge amount of fun, but also several huge learning curves. These learning experiences will be enjoyable as you create great memories in the form of VIDEOS. For my entire 35 mm lifetime, I would beg people to watch my slide shows. I have huge slide collections from trips around the world. Now, of course, I sold off my slide projectors and screens, and have slides I will never see again. With the digital age of photography and now drones, you will be able to create permanent images and videos which can be published world wide on various platforms (Vimeo, You Tubes etc. ). You will have to learn how to download images and videos from your drone memory card, and you will have to learn some video editing. You are in for a wonderful but time consuming hobby. Welcome to our world.

Dale
Miami

I am a 77 year old retired IT executive living on a golf course in SW Florida. I have been observing drones from afar for a couple of years now. Recently when my neighbor bought himself a drone that's all it took to draw me in. So, being a bits and bytes guy I always jump in to the new things with both feet. No difference here. I purchased a DJI Air 2S just 3 weeks ago. Have since registered “Radar” my drone with the FAA. Got my TRUST certificate and I’m also taking flying lessons at Florida Drone Supply while studying to take the FAA pt107 Remote pilot certification with a sUAS rating. Having been a lifelong 35mm photographer I will be able to transfer that knowledge to the drone world. Where will this take me? I have no clue but I know I will enjoy the journey.

I'm just a few years younger and a year or two ahead of you in getting involved with drones. You're in for some big, big fun. The flight aspect of all this is fascinating and follows well from flying power planes and gliders, but to be honest, the thing that amazes me most about drones is the photography aspect. Soon after I got my first drone, I sold my 35 mm camera gear and upgraded the drone. What did I need a clunky 35 mm camera for? I had my cellphone for snapshots and the Air 2S is a 20 megapixel still camera and 5k video camera THAT FLIES!

As I said, you're in for some big fun. Welcome to the group.

Welcome to the forum!

I just moved to estero, FL, if anyone wants to fly, PM me.

Cheers,
Peter
That's a really beautiful area with lots of gorgeous scenery to fly. Would love to fly there but it is 5 or 6 hours drive from Miami.

I am a 77 year old retired IT executive living on a golf course in SW Florida. I have been observing drones from afar for a couple of years now. Recently when my neighbor bought himself a drone that's all it took to draw me in. So, being a bits and bytes guy I always jump in to the new things with both feet. No difference here. I purchased a DJI Air 2S just 3 weeks ago. Have since registered “Radar” my drone with the FAA. Got my TRUST certificate and I’m also taking flying lessons at Florida Drone Supply while studying to take the FAA pt107 Remote pilot certification with a sUAS rating. Having been a lifelong 35mm photographer I will be able to transfer that knowledge to the drone world. Where will this take me? I have no clue but I know I will enjoy the journey.
Hi there, I’m going to be 77 in a month and I’m in Bonita Springs! My 2S drone is still in transit and I hope it arrives before we leave for Europe March 6. I’m a liberal arts Neanderthal so it might be nice to have a techie wingman nearby!

I just moved to estero, FL, if anyone wants to fly, PM me.

Cheers,
Peter
I just got on this site and I think I replied to the wrong guy. I’m in Bonita Springs. My drone hasn’t arrived yet, but I just wanted to say hi and I’m looking forward to this very much. I would like to fly with you when I’m ready but we’re leaving for Europe March 6, back May 15.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost