DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New AIR 3 Wet Suits Shipping : The new Bolt Wet Suits are AWESOME !!!

Oh super,there is nothing I would rather do than fly my drone in pouring rain.
Nothing like a short lifespan for an expensive drone.
And you can't tell me that this product keeps all of the water out.And water on
the screen of the controller or phone,causing those to fail in a short amount of time.
But I am sure there are a lot of pilots that would not want anything to do with rain.
Hope you have care refresh and am able to get a replacement for it when it eventually
fails,and it will.My opinion on this .Done.
Oooh, that’s so thoughtful of you to take the time to research and come to such a scientific, aeronautical, non destructive testing conclusion! However it is pretty awesome to have one available when you do need it. Did I mention you would not operate the aircraft standing in the rain like a fool. Can you say: Search & Rescue ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
And water on
the screen of the controller or phone,causing those to fail in a short amount of time.
But I am sure there are a lot of pilots that would not want anything to do with rain.
And a lot of drone and RC pilots love the rain. That is why there products available to protect your drone/plane, controller and phone. Now you are aware!

1700753561841.png

These look cool from a visibility perspective - makes seeing the drone in the air much better and the fit of the neoprene looks excellent.

I'm interested if you have done any tests showing the Air 3 flying in rain before applying the wetsuit as a comparison?

Does the same heavy rain ground/damage a naked Air 3?

The most delicate and I assume most penetrable to water sections like the gimbal, exhaust vents, battery door and motors have no protection so what parts/areas does sticking sections of neoprene to my drone specifically protect?

Reactions: MS Coast
The most delicate and I assume most penetrable to water sections like the gimbal, exhaust vents, battery door and motors have no protection so what parts/areas does sticking sections of neoprene to my drone specifically protect?

Couple things to note : We have been flying DJI drones now in the Rain for almost 6 Years, so we know a few things about the what are the weak links with the DJI drones and each Drone is very similar.

Weakest Link in the Air 3 is the Power Button and Battery !! 30 Second tap water test will Comprimise your battery. Thus the Air Tight Seal that the Wet Suit Focuses on the Battery and Power button on the drones.

Once the battery is comprimised : Two things happen !
Warning on the controller that the Battery has disconnected from the Controller and the drone crashes.
Second thing that happens is you manange to land but the Battery can no longer take a charge.

Redirecting the Air flow is critical to Protect the ESC module and Sensors from burning out , a weak link on all the drones. The Wet Suits Design an compression ratios do this by Redirecting Air flow but not Blocking it.

Besides the Sensors burning out , they also get Confused from the Water , this is why all the Wet Suit have a Surge Mask on the bottom of the Unit to protect the Sensors , We learned this from landing on the Water with our Amazing Rescue Jackets.

Here is the Air 3 Rescue Jacket in use , where the Drones back motors are getting submerged under water without issue as the 100% water proof meaning we have never had a motor failure on any of our drones when flying in the rain or snow.

Landing the Motors in the Fresh Water ,

Every Drone is fully sumberged under water and Reversed Engineered to an extent , testing the camera , gimbal vents an so on. The longer the drone can tollerate the sumbergion the better.

Submersion Example:

Thus Full Submersion Test help us to see the Hidden Weak Links and the Obvious , the end result were the Phantomrain Wet Suits developed to enhance your drone to fly in the rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , Capture the Extreme Weather an by god get the best Lightning Pictures . ;)

NOTE: All pictures shot in the Pouring Rain even though you cannot see the Rain on the Camera.

6d71795c-8ae3-45a8-a656-085777e3004f-1.jpg

C0003.00_07_41_13.Still009-1-2.jpg

Full Resolution Shots

View attachment DJI_20230703070544_0055_D (1).jpg

light 1.jpg

light 15.jpg

lighting 29.jpg

light 8.jpglight 11.jpg

Last edited:
Couple things to note : We have been flying DJI drones now in the Rain for almost 6 Years, so we know a few things about the what are the weak links with the DJI drones and each Drone is very similar.

Weakest Link in the Air 3 is the Power Button and Battery !! 30 Second tap water test will Comprimise your battery. Thus the Air Tight Seal that the Wet Suit Focuses on the Battery and Power button on the drones.

Once the battery is comprimised : Two things happen !
Warning on the controller that the Battery has disconnected from the Controller and the drone crashes.
Second thing that happens is you manange to land but the Battery can no longer take a charge.

Redirecting the Air flow is critical to Protect the ESC module and Sensors from burning out , a weak link on all the drones. The Wet Suits Design an compression ratios do this by Redirecting Air flow but not Blocking it.

Besides the Sensors burning out , they also get Confused from the Water , this is why all the Wet Suit have a Surge Mask on the bottom of the Unit to protect the Sensors , We learned this from landing on the Water with our Amazing Rescue Jackets.

Here is the Air 3 Rescue Jacket in use , where the Drones back motors are getting submerged under water without issue as the 100% water proof meaning we have never had a motor failure on any of our drones when flying in the rain or snow.

Landing the Motors in the Fresh Water ,

Every Drone is fully sumberged under water and Reversed Engineered to an extent , testing the camera , gimbal vents an so on. The longer the drone can tollerate the sumbergion the better.

Submersion Example:

Thus Full Submersion Test help us to see the Hidden Weak Links and the Obvious , the end result were the Phantomrain Wet Suits developed to enhance your drone to fly in the rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , Capture the Extreme Weather an by god get the best Lightning Pictures . ;)

NOTE: All pictures shot in the Pouring Rain even though you cannot see the Rain on the Camera.

View attachment 172748

View attachment 172749

Full Resolution Shots

View attachment 172750

View attachment 172751

View attachment 172752

View attachment 172753

View attachment 172754View attachment 172755
Many thanks for the explanation and video’s.

Looks to be a great product and will have a look through all your content.

I can't believe this guy would state that his rescue jacket improves the quality of the image. SMH.
The Rescue Jacket has nothing to do with image ?

The Phantomrain Rescue Jacket allows you to Land on the Water , Increase your Visual Line of Sight and alow you to fly tighter lines from the water or ground.

Allows you to Hand Catch safely and easily and land on the snow / mud or Sand,

We considrer it to be the # 1 Utility Tool and hoping to be Sponsored in NAZARE Big Waves Tournaments.
Very Excited about this, long time coming. 🎆

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water , and get closer to the Big Waves than ever before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas