DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Air being weird.

harle83

Reactions
So I just purchased my new black Mavic Air 3 weeks ago and have really enjoyed the switch from my P3SE that I had for 2 years, until Thursday night. I was out flying and suddenly my iPad Pro went black DJI Go said signal lost. The Drone stopped about 200ft away and shot straight up at high speed and took off. I had no RC Stick control at all. It was like it suddenly went into Sports Mode. Finally after about 20 seconds I was able to make RTH kick in and it came back and landed dead on spot with the second battery light flashing. I changed batteries turned it back on still nothing. So I started from scratch again and this time it worked perfectly and no issues since. I had a P3SE fly away once so I found it took an hour in high corn but no loss. This was weird never had a problem with my Spark so I don’t know. Any and all help would be appreciated I’ve been flying DJI over 2 years and I know my way around these birds this was just strange. Thanks folks.

Reactions: freightshaker
So I just purchased my new black Mavic Air 3 weeks ago and have really enjoyed the switch from my P3SE that I had for 2 years, until Thursday night. I was out flying and suddenly my iPad Pro went black DJI Go said signal lost. The Drone stopped about 200ft away and shot straight up at high speed and took off. I had no RC Stick control at all. It was like it suddenly went into Sports Mode. Finally after about 20 seconds I was able to make RTH kick in and it came back and landed dead on spot with the second battery light flashing.
If you had lost control signal, how did you "make RTH kick in"?
Returning to home after loss of signal is what the drone is programmed to do all by itself and first climbing to the set RTH height is part of the RTH process.

Reactions: freightshaker
Any and all help would be appreciated I’ve been flying DJI over 2 years and I know my way around these birds this was just strange
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Returning to home after loss of signal is what the drone is programmed to do all by itself and first climbing to the set RTH height is part of the RTH process.
I’ve “lost transmission” a few times and wondered how it received the notification to RTH. Comforting.

I’ve “lost transmission” a few times and wondered how it received the notification to RTH. Comforting.
The programming is in the drone, not the controller. Default is RTH at whatever the specified altitude is, may retrace the last few seconds first. The other selectable option, also on board the drone, is to just hover.

The communication between the drone and controller works on uplink and downlink connection basis. It may happen that the downlink (drone to controller) connection is lost while the uplink (controller to drone) is still active. In this scenario, if you hit the RTH, the drone will receive this command and will act accordingly.

Reactions: Skywalker
I believe the retrace is the last 60 seconds of flight before signal loss.
I've experienced loss of downlink but not uplink on my P3. For my M2, it has offered RTH after "signal loss". I suppose app is assuming possible loss of downlink only and so offers RTH in case the AC is able to receive it.

Exactly, sounds like it functioned perfectly, your iPad took a dump, signal lost & it went to the set altitude (that you can change) then take the most direct path to where "home" was.

Reactions: Thomas B
go check the sync between transitioning from acute 5.8Ghz into obtuse 2.4Ghz
Does fault coincide on Ghz changeover?

this enhanced wifi stuff has to be truthfully bug ridden. disconnects (no signal, aircraft disconnected, weak signal realign antennae), claim is man's infrastructure interfere, mountains, trees, metal, rebar, concrete, and so forth

Maybe it can't be bug ridden because of energy costings that can't accommodate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason