DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New and need help on which Gimbal Cable

FastHampster

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a used Mavic Pro knowing it had this issue please see the video. If the video doesn't post the video and images of the Mavic Pro have a purple / pink colour. This can happen all the time though there are times when the video or photo can be crystal clear. I take it it is one of the cables but i am not sure if i should replace both Ribbon and LVDS cable or is only one required.

If you recommend replacing the LVDS cable is there a glue that is recommended to use during the re-installation?

Attachments

• screen_5fc5696e045dfcf5_1530484556000.jpg
    screen_5fc5696e045dfcf5_1530484556000.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 32
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a used Mavic Pro knowing it had this issue please see the video. If the video doesn't post the video and images of the Mavic Pro have a purple / pink colour. This can happen all the time though there are times when the video or photo can be crystal clear. I take it it is one of the cables but i am not sure if i should replace both Ribbon and LVDS cable or is only one required.

If you recommend replacing the LVDS cable is there a glue that is recommended to use during the re-installation?
Hi,
First, you should try to change your sd card adapter, if you use one to transfert to your computer... It happened to me one time , I transfered pics ans vids on my computer , and it was all pixelised and blurred... I was scared about my mavic had a big capture or recording problem, but I tried to transfert same vids directly from the drone and it worked fine.

The ribbon cable is only for gimbal motors , and the multiple wired cable (the other one) is for data transfert.
Hopefuly, you'll only need to change this one, not the ribbon cable, which is very tricky to reinstall...
I dont think you'll need any glue to replace it, as it is pluged behind the camera, then go through gimbal covers and then pluged on the electronic card in the front area of the drone...

Thanks Jason, i am in Canada as well just outside of Toronto. I am going to order the grey cable from amazon and try it out and start there. Mine has the purple pink lines directly on the controller as well and in the cache form the flight. The funny thing if you start it up the video is black, if you boot it up then the video comes on.

Hi Rob, Just wanted to let you know i took the drone apart and found that video cable, was pinched under the forward sensor left side (drone facing you). put it back together and haven't had pink lines or interruption of video since. I did about 20 mins of video so far. Have to see if it comes back.

Reactions: Former Member
Hi Rob, Just wanted to let you know i took the drone apart and found that video cable, was pinched under the forward sensor left side (drone facing you). put it back together and haven't had pink lines or interruption of video since. I did about 20 mins of video so far. Have to see if it comes back.

Perfect! Job well done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000