DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Batteries! Mavic Pro!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Normally I would know this and all would agree. Although, I am informed of all updates when it comes to the MP battery. Just purchased two new batteries for my MP’s. However, I am running the original 0400 FW because of well, as we all know, for freedom. My question is, why can’t I update those to the older battery FW. I am not seeing the inconsistent battery message to be able to do so.
I am able to set discharge rates and such, but not able to match my birds with the new batteries.
Any suggestions? I do believe the battery FW for that version already exist on the birds or my current Go 4 app. Crazy me! Looking for help. @brett8883

Normally I would know this and all would agree. Although, I am informed of all updates when it comes to the MP battery. Just purchased two new batteries for my MP’s. However, I am running the original 0400 FW because of well, as we all know, for freedom. My question is, why can’t I update those to the older battery FW. I am not seeing the inconsistent battery message to be able to do so.
I am able to set discharge rates and such, but not able to match my birds with the new batteries.
Any suggestions? I do believe the battery FW for that version already exist on the birds or my current Go 4 app. Crazy me! Looking for help. @brett8883
What firmware is your bird on? There are two firmware versions that end in .0400.

Original first 0400, not 0700.:) It had the best algorithm for the MP batteries.
I know this cause I’m still flying my MP batteries from release in 2016. originals.
With 94% capacity! Not to bad for a 4 year old MP battery, I’d say. ;)Just want to get them on the same FW. As it has been proven.

Reactions: Flycaster
Original first 0400, not 0700.:) It had the best algorithm for the MP batteries.
I know this cause I’m still flying my MP batteries from release in 2016. originals.
With 94% capacity! Not to bad for a 4 year old MP battery, I’d say. ;)Just want to get them on the same FW. As it has been proven.
It may be worth pointing out that the rate of capacity decline is a constant and the algorithm used to determine it is well, just to determine the capacity decline so an algorithm telling you a 4 year old battery still has 94% capacity is well a bad one.. But whatever you want. The batteries are updated during firmware flashes so flash the firmware to the drone with the new batteries in it which should make the batteries match firmware versions. Do this for all the batteries. You know the batteries are updating because the middle lights will flash and such.

It may be worth pointing out that the rate of capacity decline is a constant and the algorithm used to determine it is well, just to determine the capacity decline so an algorithm telling you a 4 year old battery still has 94% capacity is well a bad one.. But whatever you want. The batteries are updated during firmware flashes so flash the firmware to the drone with the new batteries in it which should make the batteries match firmware versions. Do this for all the batteries. You know the batteries are updating because the middle lights will flash and such.
Think your missing the point. The new batteries are less than a year old, but new compared to the originals. Never have been used. Manufactured late 2019.
Just want the new ones to match older FW. However, not seeing a way to bringing the new ones to the original first 0400 FW. Hope that makes since. I have no reason to reflash the FW in the MP, just the new batteries. Normally you could just update them to match, however not working with the new batteries.:)

Think your missing the point. The new batteries are less than a year old, but new compared to the originals. Never have been used. Manufactured late 2019.
Just want the new ones to match older FW. However, not seeing a way to bringing the new ones to the original first 0400 FW. Hope that makes since. I have no reason to reflash the FW in the MP, just the new batteries. Normally you could just update them to match, however not working with the new batteries.:)
I think you are misunderstanding the way the battery firmware is updated on the Mavic Pro. It’s part of the a full firmware update. There’s no separate process to update batteries

@Drone Master hope you dont mind me joining the thread correct me if i am wrong, are you referring to what happens when you put a new battery in the drone, and then as you have everything on you will get a, firmware inconsistency update battery message up date now, if not then i apologise

Reactions: Thomas B
@Drone Master hope you dont mind me joining the thread correct me if i am wrong, are you referring to what happens when you put a new battery in the drone, and then as you have everything on you will get a, firmware inconsistency update battery message up date now, if not then i apologise
That is correct @old man mavic however, I am not seeing that message with the new batteries. That is the point of this thread. I am trying to avoid reflashing the aircraft itself. I don’t want to have to reset all of my custom parameters just to update a battery.
I know this is how we used to do it.
—————————————
UPDATE!
Ok, after cycling the aircraft on and off several times, I finally received the hardware inconsistency notice for the batteries. I thought I was going crazy there for a moment.
So, with all due respect to you @brett8883 the 0400 FW is in fact still stored in the app.
I use a dedicated iPad Air 2 just for flying these MP’s. It has not been connected to the internet in over 2 years. The app is version 4.07 and on older IOS.
I want to thank you guys for your input. Sometimes patience is of virtue. :)
CABDA3FA-EB45-4A77-ACA1-BE920F8A5CF2.jpeg
8E5C8BE0-90FC-4B77-94B0-5EE9B6CF155B.jpeg

Reactions: old man mavic
glad you resolved the issue

Reactions: Drone Master
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members