DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New batteries

Bought 5 Air 2/2S batteries as "renewed" from Amazon. All have functioned perfectly and 2 of them came in the original DJI packaging/plastic wrap with 0 cycles. The most charge cycles on one of the batteries was mid-teens, and two had less than 10 cycles. Yes, milage may vary but as long as the batteries are not swollen out of shape (immediate return) the price is not an unreasonable temptation. Working with 11 batteries (Air 2/Air 2S) the ability to fly as much as needed the charge cycle averages 1.5/week. These batteries will last the remaining life cycle of the drones, although I may pick up a few more to keep the drones flying through 2025. You can buy new if you like but the easy return with the Amazon route means you can just send them back if the battery they send is excessively cycled.

Reactions: b1xn00d
I have 3 batteries for my Air 2 that are original with the drone, over 2 years old. I think they are getting tired. Anyone have and good thing to say about refurbished batteries? Seems they are about 1/2 the price of new on Amazon.
To check the condition of my DJI Air 2S batteries, I use AIRDATA This is a fantastic App that allows me to monitor the condition of my batteries in terms of Efficiency, Battery Cells, it shows Cells Graph, it also shows Volts and Amps during flight and all Battery Info you need.
Including all your flight details.
Unfortunately, we are not able to see other batteries unless you install the Batteries on your Drone and fly it.

I've been using refurbished batteries for several months now and have had no issues. N=3, though, so YMMV

Someone said on here just a little bit ago on this thread that they buy theirs lightly used from eBay for half the price of new ones and they are getting at least a couple dozen charges out of it, well that don't justify the cost then half price when you can get a new battery and get 200 plus charges out of it...
200 plus charges! Well here the weather is pretty hot and most of the time the batteries swell up long before 80 charges. Although it reads 97% good on AirData App, I still send it in for cell replacement. I suppose that everyone has their preferences ya!

I always send my batteries in for refurbishment and have 6-months warranty. DJI Battery cell replacement. No worries but the battery charge count is not reset.
I can monitor the battery performance in AirData.com

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661