DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New batteries

Gramps44

Reactions
I have 3 batteries for my Air 2 that are original with the drone, over 2 years old. I think they are getting tired. Anyone have and good thing to say about refurbished batteries? Seems they are about 1/2 the price of new on Amazon.

Reactions: Joey Yambor
I have 3 batteries for my Air 2 that are original with the drone, over 2 years old. I think they are getting tired. Anyone have and good thing to say about refurbished batteries? Seems they are about 1/2 the price of new on Amazon.
I purchased a renewed one on Amazon and it was actually not renewed but had a low charge count of 2 IIRC.

I buy my batteries slightly used on Ebay , and other places. No complaints, I usually get them with a dozen or two cycles on them. Your Air 2 batteries should give you at least 200 cycles before they peter out depending on care.

As I stated - "Personally".

Each individual does as they wish.

The question to be answered, is "how does one determine how many times a flight pack has been charged"?

The charging system will NOT indicate such.

So one is left with no indicator.

As I stated - "Personally".

Each individual does as they wish.

The question to be answered, is "how does one determine how many times a flight pack has been charged"?

The charging system will NOT indicate such.

So one is left with no indicator.
Fly app shows the battery cycle count

Attachments

• Cycles.png
    Cycles.png
    431.5 KB · Views: 33
I Buy alot of Batteries and the 24 Air 2s batteries I bought last year from Ebay were Great and Cheap- 45 bucks a piece if I got them all at once. Deal !! I got the 200 cycles out of all of them

I purchased a renewed one on Amazon and it was actually not renewed but had a low charge count of 2 IIRC.
Me myself I would not risk it, I would pay the extra, and know that you're safeguarded, I had one battery I had that was reconditioned remanufactured whatever you want to call it for my Phantom 3 when I had it and it's got battery issues from the start coming up on my remote screen and one time it just completely shut off fell to the ground it was when I was starting to land and it was about 10 ft up in the air and it fell to the ground because of a battery issue... If you want to dangle something up in the air That cost $750 I want to know I'm protected better...

Reactions: bcfd29
Personally, I would never purchase *renewed* flight batteries!

You will never know what you will get!

I will only purchase NEW ones.
"Renewed batteries" are like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are going to get. 😉

Me myself I would not risk it, I would pay the extra, and know that you're safeguarded, I had one battery I had that was reconditioned remanufactured whatever you want to call it for my Phantom 3 when I had it and it's got battery issues from the start coming up on my remote screen and one time it just completely shut off fell to the ground it was when I was starting to land and it was about 10 ft up in the air and it fell to the ground because of a battery issue... If you want to dangle something up in the air That cost $750 I want to know I'm protected better...

Reactions: Octavio
Someone said on here just a little bit ago on this thread that they buy theirs lightly used from eBay for half the price of new ones and they are getting at least a couple dozen charges out of it, well that don't justify the cost then half price when you can get a new battery and get 200 plus charges out of it...

Someone up here once said that anything that is essential to keep the drone up in the air - props, batteries, etc. should be bought new and not manufactured by third parties.

When I consider what I spent on the Mavic Air 2 Combination package,

I am aware of the cost of a crashed drone.

It isn't worth replacing it when I only need to properly maintain it!

Simply ensuring the battery packs are in "very good shape" does a LONG way toward preserving it.

My view is ti treat my Air 2 like a life depends upon the maintenanc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet