DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Canadian rules

Sorry if this has been answered in this forum already but there are way too many threads and pages on this to read every one of them but...does anyone have a rec on an online drone training company specifically focussed on the new exam? A lot for them claim training, SFOC etc and haven’t updated their websites specifically for the TC small exam. Even better if its western Canada.

Sorry if this has been answered in this forum already but there are way too many threads and pages on this to read every one of them but...does anyone have a rec on an online drone training company specifically focussed on the new exam? A lot for them claim training, SFOC etc and haven’t updated their websites specifically for the TC small exam. Even better if its western Canada.

Check these guys out. They also have a company web page and are out west.
Coastal Drone Co.

Last edited:
According to the new regs no one is supposed to discuss exam questions specifically, during the exam . . but there is also not supposed to be a repository for questions to practice. You are supposed to learn stuff not just know the answers to a small subset of the material. I can point you to my PART IX summary page and the other help files for the material . . . you should not be able to find websites "focused on the new exam"

This was the biggest waste of my time and money ever.. got a 64%, and most of the information is useless.. i can totally see consumers not following these rules.. it says to review stuff but gives me no insight into WHERE to gain the information... typical BS

Just took the basic test and passed with a 77% mark ? . New to drones and not a pilot but did not "study", I relied on all of my research I did previous to getting my AC for last few months. Had read on here that most of the questions did not pertain to drones directly however I found most of the questions were directed at knowing the rules of being in airspace and where to find critical info needed to be in the air. It's possible that they have paid attention to criticism of the previous test and adjusted it accordingly. Either way I found the test to be spot on for required knowledge to pilot a drone safely.

Just took my Canadian Basic Drone Pilot's Test this afternoon.....had not really studied much and thought let's at least get a feel for the test.....at $10 for the test, a fail would be no big loss.

While I agree some of the 35 questions had no real relevance to flying a drone, the process of elimination, common sense and understanding acronyms helped.

I finished in half the 90 minutes allotted and got an 88%.....I would be lying if I said I didn't let out a small yippee when the results were displayed.

Thanks to those who compiled YouTube videos suggesting the approach to take and encouragement. Now I and my two drones (M2P and P2V) are fully legal come June 1st.

Reactions: Rowder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi