DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW DJI Goggles RE

RE can have some creative uses, like mounting camera/transmitter on your cat/dog and seeing the world through their eyes. A camera helmet for cats, anyone? :D

Helmet_Cat.jpg

Cool - i keep you updated!
Just received to shipping info from DJI. (Dec 5th 2017, 10:37 MET)
If everything runs according to a normal plan, the goggles RE should arrive within the next 2 days. :)

Notify: @hcn

Reactions: hcn
Just received to shipping info from DJI. (Dec 5th 2017, 10:37 MET)
If everything runs according to a normal plan, the goggles RE should arrive within the next 2 days. :)

Notify: @hcn

Cool - thanks. Please share your impressions when they arrive.
Nothing for me yet - I ordered the 'carry more' edition - hopefully those backpacks are not a limiting factor...
but then again - it's too cold & windy to fly now anyway ;)

Reactions: Soft7
Come on guys........you must have received then by now.......don't tease us any longer :)

Posted first impressions on rcgroups thread. But at the moment not much to do with it in snowstorms...

Reactions: angusc
Ok any good for watching movies while you wait for the better weather?

Can someone compare these new DJI race edition goggles using analog signal verse the Fatshark HD3. Please post your comments.

Can someone compare these new DJI race edition goggles using analog signal verse the Fatshark HD3. Please post your comments.

I don't think anyone really got them yet......maybe they are all waiting for Santa to deliver in a weeks time [emoji318] ;)

Has anyone used these goggles with other vehicles yet? I'd love to hook up the camera set to my RC cars as well, that would be great dual usage!
Yes, I’ve a Emax Night Hawk Pro; all I had to do is power it up and set the goggles to 5.8GHz scan. The resulting image was slightly better than my Fatshark V3, also the RE has zoom which fills the screen, no such immersion with Fatsharks.

I’ve now mounted the Ocusync Air onto the Night Hawk to test “ it’s the matts nuts” I’m waiting for the weather to improve to test the new Night Hawk Firmware I had to flash last night.
I’m planning on a new quad build around the the Ocusync Air and an F4 Flight controller and the DJI snail motors and ESC. I can’t make up my mind on which frame to mount this lot to. These goggles alow any vehicle with a video Tx to be FPVed.

Reactions: Mark Brimblecombe
I have been flying my new DJI re Goggles for about a week now. Actually had them packed to send back because could not get them to bind to the Mavic. I unpacked them one last time for a final try before going to UPS with them and PRESTO! They bound! Glad I didn't have to send them back because flying with these is an amazing experience.

I've used several other cheap goggle/camera setups on fixed wing airplanes. They don't compare with this in any way. Its's really the picture that makes the difference. So clear. I wear bifocals. The goggles are useable with my glasses on. However I think I get a slightly clearer image without my glasses. This isn't a problem. The goggles just flip up and down and stay on your head. I generally fly with my glasses in my pocket. When I need to see without the goggles I just flip them up and slip on my glasses. No big deal at all.

There is a learning curve of course. I suggest flying for a few dozen flights without the headtracking activated. I've flown close to 50 battery packs with the goggles and only today started using headtracking. At first I didn't really care for it that much and it almost made me nauseous. However, after a few flights I really started to understand it and like it a lot. There will still be times when I fly without tracking. (maybe most of the time) For that matter, there will still be times when I don't fly with the goggles at all. Just another tool you can use or not use.

The touch sensitive adjustments are not that great. At first I HATED the touch system. It gets better with time and understanding. Still wish it just had buttons.

Comfort- No complaints there at all. Really comfortable. They don't seem bulky or heavy to me.

I really don't use my Mavic for serious photography but I can see where they could be handy for that. I just enjoy flying the Mavic like a mad man.

For those of you on the fence as to get them or not. The experience is not really that much different than flying off an Ipad Mini. I find it pretty hard to see my Ipad in the sunlight. The goggles offer a real advantage there. It is more immersive especially with the headtracking activated. If it is something you are going to have to save for for a long time, you might think about it carefully. If you can easily afford them, just go for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure