DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Mavic Air Pilot From Tromsø in Norway.

Reactions
Site
tomhelgea.wordpress.com
Hello and thanks for having me here.

Saturday 30.06.2018 (12 days ago) i went ahead and bought the ‘DJI Mavic Air (Fly More Combo)’ package here i live. It had been on my plans for like 2-3 years that i was going to get me a very good pre-built drone. So 12 days ago i got the oppoturnity to buy the ‘DJI Mavic Air (Fly More Combo)’ package to 999 dollars, so i had to go for it.

Some few days later, i decided to order those 4 accessories to my DJI Mavic Air.

DJI Car Charger: Mavic Air Car Charger - DJI Store
DJI Battery Safe Bag (Large) (extra safety for traveling with batteries on planes for example): DJI Battery Safe Bag
PGYTECH ND Filters (6-pack) (UV / CPL / ND4 / ND8 / ND16 & ND32): https://www.pgy-tech.com/filter-for-mavic-air
PGYTECH Landing Pad (75 cm): PGYTECH Drone Landing Pad

Here is a picture of the drone with all of it’s accessories (except for the 2 extra sets with propellers that came in the package).

20180705_213725.jpg

So far, the drone have been working really great. I have had no issues with it so far. I have been flying it about 7 times so far since i got it. And i have taken some nice pictures and some ok video footages to.

Here is a nice 360-degree panoramic picture from the place i’m living at: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156235658286233&set=a.10156236422141233.1073741860.612626232&type=3&theater (you need to use Facebook to see the real panoramic picture). The 360-panoramic picture was taken 50 meters above the ground.

And here is a video i did put together from 1st of July (one day after i bought the drone) when i was at a place called ‘Stor-Kjølen’ summit which is a place about 25 minutes of driving from where i live.

Remember, i’m still a noob with this drone, so that’s why my movements with the drone is not that good yet. The video is not really a good video either. It's something i just put together for fun to see how it got. I have got better with the drone movements the last few days, so the camera and drone movements has got much better. I have also fine-tuned the Gimbal and Drone movement settings to in the DJI GO 4 app (something i didn't had done in the video over).

P.S. I also ordered this one sunday last week: Mavic Pro Remote Controller Monitor Hood (it will work with my DJI Mavic Air controller as it says in the 'Compability' section there). It will come in very handy when there is alot of sun outside when you are flying the drone, so you actually can see things better on your smartphone. I will most likely have this one tomorrow.

As for today 12 days later after i bought it and after about 8 times flying it, i only have had 2 error messages so far that doesn't seems to be much of a problem, so far. The first error i got 11 days ago (one day after i got the drone) was the 'Motor Current Error'. That error was only visible for 3-4 seconds before it disapeared. And it's also said to be false alarm by DJI. After that i haven't seen that error again. Even after flying it 8 times in total now. The 2nd error i have got is just the 'Strong Signal Interference' that i got 2 times some days ago at different times. That error message also disapeared after some few seconds.

And by my observation, the Mavic Air have performed really great so far even while getting those error messages. And this is with the latest .400 firmware and the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app for Android. But i'm gonna give the version 4.2.16 app (version 4.2.20 is the latest for Android atm) a test run now to see if anything will be better with that version as i have heard from others that it'd better. But let's see.

Have a good day
1f44d.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: j.r.r. and dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

The first error i got 11 days ago (one day after i got the drone) was the 'Motor Current Error'.
The 2nd error i have got is just the 'Strong Signal Interference' that i got 2 times some days ago at different times.
Yep, most likely just false alarms. I wouldn't worry about them unless they are consistently appearing for long periods of time in your flights.

Saturday 30.06.2018 (12 days ago) i went ahead and bought the ‘DJI Mavic Air (Fly More Combo)’ package here i live. It had been on my plans for like 2-3 years that i was going to get me a very good pre-built drone. So 12 days ago i got the oppoturnity to buy the ‘DJI Mavic Air (Fly More Combo)’ package to 999 dollars, so i had to go for it.

Some few days later, i decided to order those 4 accessories to my DJI Mavic Air.

DJI Battery Safe Bag (Large) (extra safety for traveling with batteries on planes for example): DJI Battery Safe Bag
PGYTECH ND Filters (6-pack) (UV / CPL / ND4 / ND8 / ND16 & ND32): https://www.pgy-tech.com/filter-for-mavic-air

Here is a picture of the drone with all of it’s accessories (except for the 2 extra sets with propellers that came in the package).

View attachment 41864

So far, the drone have been working really great. I have had no issues with it so far. I have been flying it about 7 times so far since i got it. And i have taken some nice pictures and some ok video footages to.

Here is a nice 360-degree panoramic picture from the place i’m living at: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156235658286233&set=a.10156236422141233.1073741860.612626232&type=3&theater (you need to use Facebook to see the real panoramic picture). The 360-panoramic picture was taken 50 meters above the ground.

And here is a video i did put together from 1st of July (one day after i bought the drone) when i was at a place called ‘Stor-Kjølen’ summit which is a place about 25 minutes of driving from where i live.

Remember, i’m still a noob with this drone, so that’s why my movements with the drone is not that good yet. The video is not really a good video either. It's something i just put together for fun to see how it got. I have got better with the drone movements the last few days, so the camera and drone movements has got much better. I have also fine-tuned the Gimbal and Drone movement settings to in the DJI GO 4 app (something i didn't had done in the video over).

P.S. I also ordered this one sunday last week: Mavic Pro Remote Controller Monitor Hood (it will work with my DJI Mavic Air controller as it says in the 'Compability' section there). It will come in very handy when there is alot of sun outside when you are flying the drone, so you actually can see things better on your smartphone. I will most likely have this one tomorrow.

As for today 12 days later after i bought it and after about 8 times flying it, i only have had 2 error messages so far that doesn't seems to be much of a problem, so far. The first error i got 11 days ago (one day after i got the drone) was the 'Motor Current Error'. That error was only visible for 3-4 seconds before it disapeared. And it's also said to be false alarm by DJI. After that i haven't seen that error again. Even after flying it 8 times in total now. The 2nd error i have got is just the 'Strong Signal Interference' that i got 2 times some days ago at different times. That error message also disapeared after some few seconds.

And by my observation, the Mavic Air have performed really great so far even while getting those error messages. And this is with the latest .400 firmware and the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app for Android. But i'm gonna give the version 4.2.16 app (version 4.2.20 is the latest for Android atm) a test run now to see if anything will be better with that version as i have heard from others that it'd better. But let's see.

Have a good day
1f44d.png
Howdy from Wyoming @Lakagigar , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

View attachment 41864

Hi, I visit Tromso two to three times a year as we have family living there. You have fantastic scenery to keep you and your MA busy. I have posted some of my photos on Google maps, I am sure you will recognise some of the beautiful scenery I was fortunate to view in April this year when the snow was still on the ground.

Enjoy and fly safe.

Google Maps

Google Maps

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Hey, thanks for all the answers / posts.

However. I get this error message when i'm trying to edit my first post. I don't even have to change a single thing there and just press 'Save Changes' and i will get that error message no matter what.....

b89318f4-d46e-42ef-81dc-b6cd287ab85f.png

Is there any reasons why that is happening?

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA. Beautiful Video! Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98