Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
From DJI:

Other sources:

Last edited:
Especially for 107 pilots who fly on a regular basis, this should serve as a good time to consider making a paper and/or digital logbook in addition to organizing all of your important paperwork. I started doing this a few months ago and it has been fairly useful.

Should DJI have done this a while ago,as it is probably already too late to prevent a vote from happening.Even what DJI did today will not
change their way of thinking on this ban.

Even what DJI did today will not
change their way of thinking on this ban.
We shall wait and see I suppose. It's a rather drastic measure if DJI knew it was not going to help their cause.

This is irritating on two fronts. First, it won't change anything vote wise. And second, Congressional nincompoops are now reducing the functionality of products we (3% of Americans) already own. The biggest surveillance and tracking device is the one most of us are using to read this thread.

That being said, how do we continue to log our flights to Airdata. While the paper log suggestion above is useful, it's 2024. Do we really need to start breaking out the #2 pencils?

Looks like I'll go back to using Litchi, easy sync to AirData. It has features I like better anyway.

Especially for 107 pilots who fly on a regular basis, this should serve as a good time to consider making a paper and/or digital logbook in addition to organizing all of your important paperwork. I started doing this a few months ago and it has been fairly useful.
Like to see what you are using. I have a log/checklist form that I can print out and fill out, but I still find myself skipping that step on many flights as it’s cumbersome to carry the log around on the clipboard. So I get behind in my filling out the actual flight logs.

Looks like I'll go back to using Litchi, easy sync to AirData. It has features I like better anyway.
Can’t use Litchi on M3/M3 Pro. Still pisses me off at the Mavic threes can’t use third-party software…
I love the drone, but that aspect of it is really annoying

Can’t use Litchi on M3/M3 Pro. Still pisses me off at the Mavic threes can’t use third-party software…
I love the drone, but that aspect of it is really annoying
Maybe DJI will reconsider on going back and releasing the SDK.

When I started go4 app today on my Smart Controller, it came up right away and wanted to update the firmware with the flight data changes. It was a very short update, probably less than a minute. Not the usual long update process. I also followed the AirData instructions to update and setup AirData to automatically synchronize the flight logs. AirData mentioned that after you shut down GO4 app, you need to restart AirData UAV app so it can synchronize the flight log. They said GO4 shuts down AirData app because they both can't run at the same time, thus you need to restart AirData app when finished so it can synchronize. It seems to work fine, but I don't know if it will satisfy the conspiracy crazy's. If it was that simple, why didn't they do it a year ago.

That only shows how to get files off the controller. I always delete them from the controller after I sync. I need to get them off DJI server and back onto my RC 2???

According to the SUASnews article,
The user will need to be connected to the internet in order to try and upload (or download previously uploaded) flight records. From June 12, operators will no longer be able to upload new flight records as the connection to the server would have already been disabled in the U.S. Instead, operators will see a “Download” button that they can use to access and save a copy of their previous flight records data manually to local storage in the next update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe