DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW DRONE FROM DJI CARE REFRESH... IMPRESSED !

JOE CHRONIC

Reactions
Was doing one of my late night long distance flight tests and heading back I noticed my friend
a BIG white Owl following me back (this has happened 3 times now) when getting ready to land I see
him diving towards my drone, in sport mode I take off like ( mod removed)’
and nailed a flagpole doing 41 mph head on and came to rest submerged in a deep puddle of water.
I retrieved the drone and scrounged up the broken parts, camera broke off and right front leg snapped off.

I contacted DJI care and they had me send it (postage paid by them) to Texas for inspection along with my remote, they emailed me
advising they were sending me a brand new drone for $69 fee on top of the DJI care refresh fee of $79 which made me very happy.

From the time I sent it off to receiving the new drone was only 7 days!!!
Amazing!!!
So if you're considering NOT getting the DJI care refresh for $79 I would recommend getting it as I would have been out $650 if I had to buy a new MA2 drone.
$79 for DJI care refresh and $69 new drone replacement fee for a total of only $148 I'm screaming through the sky's again.
Plus I have one more claim as you get to make 2 claims per year, hopefully won't need the 2nd claim.

(Now to those who live to lecture others save it for someone who gives a [ Mod Removed ) thank you, lol
I fly out over open farmland no houses or people at 395' altitude and my max distance so far is 3.5 miles one way)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was doing one of my late night long distance flight tests and heading back I noticed my friend
a BIG white Owl following me back (this has happened 3 times now) when getting ready to land I see
him diving towards my drone, in sport mode I take off like ( mod removed)’
and nailed a flagpole doing 41 mph head on and came to rest submerged in a deep puddle of water.
I retrieved the drone and scrounged up the broken parts, camera broke off and right front leg snapped off.

I contacted DJI care and they had me send it (postage paid by them) to Texas for inspection along with my remote, they emailed me
advising they were sending me a brand new drone for $69 fee on top of the DJI care refresh fee of $79 which made me very happy.

From the time I sent it off to receiving the new drone was only 7 days!!!
Amazing!!!
So if you're considering NOT getting the DJI care refresh for $79 I would recommend getting it as I would have been out $650 if I had to buy a new MA2 drone.
$79 for DJI care refresh and $69 new drone replacement fee for a total of only $148 I'm screaming through the sky's again.
Plus I have one more claim as you get to make 2 claims per year, hopefully won't need the 2nd claim.

(Now to those who live to lecture others save it for someone who gives a [ Mod Removed ) thank you, lol
I fly out over open farmland no houses or people at 395' altitude and my max distance so far is 3.5 miles one way)
Awesome, I have about 1yr and 9mo left on my care refresh, probably never use it. But it is there, glad that went smoothly for ya....Plan your owl evasion routes accordingly!!!:)

Reactions: JOE CHRONIC
contacted DJI care and they had me send it (postage paid by them) to Texas for inspection along with my remote, they emailed me
Where in Texas did you send the drone? Glad to know there is a repair center in Texas.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag