DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone Laws June 1, 2019

i never got that question. Just like the air current someone else posted i didn't get that.

So that confirms it's a random test with different questions.
With that being said.. incase I take the test again and get hit with the same questions.
Does anyone have any info on who issues a call sign and notom?

What was your question about air current avout?

My question is for pilots that use drones commercially. Before June 1 if you're using your drone to film commercial properties that's located in controlled areas, you need to apply for SFOC permit. Does that still remains in tact after June 1 or not. I can't find any information on SFOC while trying to familiarize myself with new rules. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

This link is to the legal changes page.
It contains all the information needed to pass the tests, but does take an hour or so to read through.

Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 153, Number 1: Regulations Amending the Canadian Aviation Regulations (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems)

Thanks for the link.
But there is no information in there about the questions I stated a few time like who issues a call sign..
Aerodrome information or NOTAM.
Even questions like the flying after alcohol consumption and responisibty of a pilot and CARs, types of air turbulence?
This information is buried and I am unable to locate anything specific to Canada or drone pilots.

So that confirms it's a random test with different questions.
With that being said.. incase I take the test again and get hit with the same questions.
Does anyone have any info on who issues a call sign and notom?

What was your question about air current avout?

it was not my question. there's another thread people are discussing at the sUAV Rules & regulation section. it was about some descending air current speed for some storm clouds. you can take a look there.

i think Nav Canada issues the call sign
NAV CANADA: Products and Services - Air Operator Designators and Call Signs

What about us tourists? i fly over every 2 years ( July this year) to visit relatives, i didn't see anything where i could get a visitors "licence". Any of you guys over the pond able to find any more info for me? thx in advance.

Just be careful if you want to fly the advance mode...in controlled airspace or anything: DJI as not given any RPAS letter for any of their drone to Transpot Canada yet. They might be doing it though.

What about us tourists? i fly over every 2 years ( July this year) to visit relatives, i didn't see anything where i could get a visitors "licence". Any of you guys over the pond able to find any more info for me? thx in advance.
You would have to pass the Simple test online and fly in Uncotrolled airspace (class G).

You would have to pass the Simple test online and fly in Uncotrolled airspace (class G).

there's a temporary registration someone said on the other thread. don't think you will need to do the exam.

there's a temporary registration someone said on the other thread. don't think you will need to do the exam.
Not after June 1st; I have not seen anything about it. In any case Google Transport Canada Drone Safety, it should bring you on the page and give you all the informations but I will try to find about it and post it.

Not after June 1st; I have not seen anything about it. In any case Google Transport Canada Drone Safety, it should bring you on the page and give you all the informations but I will try to find about it and post it.
It for the new registration.. Someone went to register their drone for June 1st and saw a temporary registration option after you logged it.

In any case here is what is on DJI website: DJI will be examining the details of the SAFE system with the goal of participating in it, to continue to provide leading products for our commercial and enterprise customers in Canada. So I think that personal drone flying in Canada if you have a DJI product is now restricted to uncontrolled airspace. From now on I will not be putting more money in this hobby.

Good grief that website is terrible, endless loops that end up back at the first page with links to pdfs that are dead links. Good job i'm not coming over until July, its gonna take me that long to get a special permit/licence.

In any case here is what is on DJI website: DJI will be examining the details of the SAFE system with the goal of participating in it, to continue to provide leading products for our commercial and enterprise customers in Canada. So I think that personal drone flying in Canada if you have a DJI product is now restricted to uncontrolled airspace. From now on I will not be putting more money in this hobby.
It's interesting how many people are having a knee-jerk reaction to a new policy that has barely been out for 3 business days and that is not even in force yet.

I'm sure DJI will be submitting drones for inspection and certification well before the deadline. If your flying with just the basic certificate your not supposed to be flying that close to an airport anyway so I'm not sure what the kefuffle is.

Do I think the government screwed the pooch on this and released this policy before they had answers to some of the basic questions, absolutely, but lets be real here that's what governments do.
Cheers

Reactions: Dave A
It's interesting how many people are having a knee-jerk reaction to a new policy that has barely been out for 3 business days and that is not even in force yet.

I'm sure DJI will be submitting drones for inspection and certification well before the deadline. If your flying with just the basic certificate your not supposed to be flying that close to an airport anyway so I'm not sure what the kefuffle is.

Do I think the government screwed the pooch on this and released this policy before they had answers to some of the basic questions, absolutely, but lets be real here that's what governments do.
Cheers
I don’t mind dishing out $1,500 for a course for the advanced operation but if my drone is not rated it’s momey wasted. As you can see tjy are thinking Commercial and Enterprises. I already fished out $3,000 for the M2P and I would like to fly in controllled airspace after following the professional course. Simple as that.

I don’t mind dishing out $1,500 for a course for the advanced operation but if my drone is not rated it’s momey wasted. As you can see tjy are thinking Commercial and Enterprises. I already fished out $3,000 for the M2P and I would like to fly in controllled airspace after following the professional course. Simple as that.
Curious as to why you want to fly in controlled airspace, are you planning on starting some kind drone based business? As I said it's very early days, probably DJI wants to get their actual commercial drones certified first then move on to the more hobby oriented drones, but I'm just guessing.

I'm hoping my local college will be having an evening course for the advanced certificate, they have a flight school here so it wouldn't be a stretch for them.

So I just got off the phone with the college here in Thunder Bay and they are in the process of setting up a course for the advanced certificate. Early days so no timeline, price or length yet but it's encouraging to see that they are already thinking about and working on it.
Cheers

tried to do the test but as soon as i choose not a resident its game over.hope they change it before July.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan