DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone Pilot

Billc112

Reactions
New Pilot here from south central ozarks in Missouri. Just bought my first drone. Dji Mavic Air 2 with
smart controller. It will be here Wed. Looking forward to flying it. Wife and I just bought a new
camper trailer to go boondocking and we got the drone to look ahead of us at road conditions and
for vacant camping spots before we try driving back long dirt roads. Think it will be of great help.

New Pilot here from south central ozarks in Missouri. Just bought my first drone. Dji Mavic Air 2 with
smart controller. It will be here Wed. Looking forward to flying it. Wife and I just bought a new
camper trailer to go boondocking and we got the drone to look ahead of us at road conditions and
for vacant camping spots before we try driving back long dirt roads. Think it will be of great help.
The Mavic Air 2 is a good drone. You'll enjoy it! Fly safety.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Billc112.

we got the drone to look ahead of us at road conditions and
for vacant camping spots before we try driving back long dirt roads.

Nothing wrong with a recon mission before heading down the road.

You'll want to be sure and register the drone with the FAA and display your number on the aircraft.

You'll also want to pass this super easy test and obtain your TRUST certificate to have with you when you fly.

It's good to read the manual a few times for the basics but YouTube and sites like this will help fill in the blanks.

Here's a link to the manual and the FLY app from DJI.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Last edited:
Awesome idea. I’m a fairly new pilot as well. This is the forum/place to be,share, learn and add a few belly laughs. I wish you guys good fortune on this endeavor. Keep us updated. Have a blast! Fly safe! Godspeed, Droniac

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Tks for the info....I have already taken the trust test. Waiting on drone to get here Wed. then will register it. I have flown RC full scale planes before, just have never had a drone. Oh also was a hang glider pilot for about 5 yrs. Am looking forward to the drone ...at 71 yrs old the drone is more my speed. Never to old to learn something new. Tks for the info

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thanks...I love YouTube.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Just bought my first drone. Dji Mavic Air 2 with
smart controller.
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair