DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New FAA regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have to be glow in the dark?

The agency, which last month proposed looser restrictions on drone night flights,
would require proof from a manufacturer that a malfunction wouldn't cause severe injury if the drone crashed into a person.

DJI might just get banned

Larger drones also would not be allowed to fly overhead if they have exposed rotating parts or if they have any known safety defects.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
I think a lot of us do this already. Looks like those nifty websites that sell fancy numbers will be humming along!! Thumbswayup

I have done this since day 1, didnt want anything said! I have a girl that i went to school with many yrs ago that makes mine. Shld be someone local that can have any style u want. You cld just order on one of those online [emoji1303]

Just when you thought the worthless registration was as dumb as it could get... the FAA comes up with this! I guess this will go along with all of those drone that they have gotten during illegal flights and used the registration numbers to track.

Oh wait.....

They have _never_ in 3 years use the registration to match a drone with an illegal flight? Oh, so I certainly see the issue with someone rigging a drone to explode when the battery is removed. However, let's look at this in the real world application. I fly a drone illegally, I rig the battery to explode if it is removed..... and I put my registration number on the outside of the drone? I mean, I want to be legal, right. So of course I don't put it on the outside. At _some point_ someone is going to need to get into the drone to see if it is on the inside. So the outcome/result is the same.

You really have to wonder what the FAA is thinking.

so who's a sponsor on this site that make them?

Just print it on the side with a sharpie. I marked my hull with side numbers last year and they still haven't come off. If you want to remove it just use alcohol. Oh my god the inconvenience of it.

Reactions: WAXMAN and AMann
but my penmanship sucks

Who writes this stuff??
I didn't read where it says size matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members