DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New FCC Regulations

zzz_top

Reactions
I am flying in Florida ( the Palm Beach area) and I have been looking into the new rules for hobbyists around my area. I have seen most of the new changes for hobbyists, yet I still have some questions. I was wondering if anything has changed in the way of flying at night and the 5 mile radius of the airports. I know I can't fly when the president is in town. But it looked like the calling into the airports had maybe changed? If anyone has any clearer answers for the new FAA regulations such as the new test for safety you are meant to take and the possibility adding of transponders? Any extra information would be great!

FAA is still working out the details. In the mean time, handle things as before. In my opinion, before they could only advise, but now they have authority.

zzz_top said: "...and the possibility adding of transponders? Any extra information would be great!"

Are they looking to require (or desiring to) add transponders to sUAS? That would be quite a burdensome undertaking by both the FAA (as in the number of drones they would be including into the system) and to the sUAS owners (as in the cost of implementation).

I'm an AMA member (Academy of Model Aeronautics) and they recently wrote .." it will most likely be several months – or years – before a final rule for remote ID is implemented." so stay tuned.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom