Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

New Feature: Ignore Forum

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
We had a few members complaining about the explosion of Mini discussions and how challenging it is to keep up with just the Mavic 2, etc.. threads. So, we added the "Ignore Forum" button to help reduce the noise on topics you aren't interested in following. You can always re-follow it from your account page.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 11.16.23 AM.png

For now, all forums will continue to be listed in the daily/weekly emails.

C.

Last edited:

AMann

Reaction score
We had a few members complaining about the explosion of Mini discussions and how challenging it is to keep up with just the Mavic 2, etc.. threads. So, we added the "Ignore Forum" button to help reduce the noise on topics you aren't interested in following. You can always re-follow it from your account page.

View attachment 85757

C.
I really like the ignore forum function, Thank you so much for doing that. I did notice however that it does not work for this forum linked below- After using the ignore function the forms still shows up when I look at the forum menu. It’s just not working the same way the others did (Like the Mavic air series forum seen below) when I ignored it from the forum list as it is still listed there.

DEE004A4-9675-4348-B1CA-AB238D38615D.png

Last edited:

Dronenewbie8

Reaction score

View attachment 85757

C.
This is welcome but why not have a separate forum for the Mini?

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This is welcome but why not have a separate forum for the Mini?
Well many members that bought in on the Mini where here
with other Mavics. No need for them to have and join another forum and go back and forth.
The Mini is a Mavic as much as the other models.
Not speaking for Clackey just saying.

floyd

Reaction score
I understand the reasoning for the "Ignore Forum" option. But for the life of me I can't understand WHY anyone would want to intentionally ignore a topic/thread that might provide insight or relevant information. If ya see a thread that doesn't interest you, well, simply don't read it. But to ignore topics seems short-sighted. That one thread you ignore could provide you with valuable info or insight.

Reactions: Gindra and Viking

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Because in the searches across all forums, it can create clutter.

TTP

Reaction score
I understand the reasoning for the "Ignore Forum" option. But for the life of me I can't understand WHY anyone would want to intentionally ignore a topic/thread that might provide insight or relevant information. If ya see a thread that doesn't interest you, well, simply don't read it. But to ignore topics seems short-sighted. That one thread you ignore could provide you with valuable info or insight.

Agree completely with floyd, there is so much to learn and sometimes you can also contribute your own knowledge and experience.

Viking

Reaction score
Because some People have limited capacity of thinking and can’t handle so much information.😉

Doppler

Reaction score
It is an option you can use if you want to, or ignore completely if you don't want to. I am glad they added it and appreciate the effort as I usually go for the "new posts" feed and it was getting too cluttered with mini this and mini that. "Limited capacity of thinking"? Really?

Reactions: DJ Wes

Viking

Reaction score
It is an option you can use if you want to, or ignore completely if you don't want to. I am glad they added it and appreciate the effort as I usually go for the "new posts" feed and it was getting too cluttered with mini this and mini that. "Limited capacity of thinking"? Really?
And it was that about ignoring too.😉

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
For me, I would use it to filter out Pilot Check-in and photos/videos from timeline, if it worked in the app.

RodPad

Reaction score
I doubt I will use this new feature and I very rarely use the mobile apps. But if this feature works on mobile devices, I'm sure that would help with them them.

Rod

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loki_jr_