DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware 01.03.0550

flabombarda

Reactions
Hi guys,

Have you tried this firmware already ?
Update logs says optimized RTH and improve hovering performance.

Any comments or known issues you could share on this firmware ?

Thanks

Duplicate

Reactions: larkin
I got my Mavic the first of January and using my Droid Turbo I have never had even one issue . I've flown the latest FW since the day they got released . I upgraded to .550 yesterday and flew two batteries in the same location as 90% of my flights and had severe video freezes and the app disconnected twice during flight . I never got over 700 feet away each time . It's very windy today so looks like Monday before I can do another flight but this has me concerned :(

Hi guys,

Have you tried this firmware already ?
Update logs says optimized RTH and improve hovering performance.

Any comments or known issues you could share on this firmware ?

Thanks

Updated mine today and went out for a quick flight. Didn't have to reset my settings, they all remained intact. Went out for a short flight and all seems OK. I flew around my neighborhood didn't notice anything bad, all seems OK.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I tested today also here in São Paulo, was a short flight I didn't notice anything different. Signal was weak, but the area has tons of interference so it's not unusual or unexpected.

Question ? When you update your drone does it automatically update your controller? Still learning.
WAXMAN.

Question ? When you update your drone does it automatically update your controller? Still learning.
WAXMAN.

If you update via Dji Assistant 2 it can . I have never used the app so not sure there but the way I do it is as follows :

1.) Open Dji Assistant 2 on the computer
2.) Turn on Mavic controller and then Mavic as usual and let them connect
3.) Plug controller into computer via the USB cable
4.) Select Mavic Controller icon when it appears in Assistant
5.) Let the program read the current FW version and download the new FW if available

When connected this way the Controller , Mavic and battery will be upgraded as one .

Reactions: WAXMAN
If you update via Dji Assistant 2 it can . I have never used the app so not sure there but the way I do it is as follows :

1.) Open Dji Assistant 2 on the computer
2.) Turn on Mavic controller and then Mavic as usual and let them connect
3.) Plug controller into computer via the USB cable
4.) Select Mavic Controller icon when it appears in Assistant
5.) Let the program read the current FW version and download the new FW if available

When connected this way the Controller , Mavic and battery will be upgraded as one .
Thank you rydfree . I've been using the go4 app. Do you think this is the problem? I downloaded the new 550 on go4. when I went to the title ABOUT. I seen that the remote version said UNKNOWEN ? I'll give your suggestion a try. Thanks Again for all your help. WAXMAN (Chuck).

It´s too early to say but tonight I was able to get the longest flight I ever had with my mavic, 20m48s landing with 22%. The flight pattern was a little different since the focus wasn´t distance and the wind was lower than I usually get, tomorrow I´ll go to the usual location in the country side and I´ll test this further.
The battery life could be even more efficient if I wasn´t flying above 688ft (210m) high. Anyway during the weekend I expect to have more clarity on this.

Reactions: mig25
I have issues with the 550 and go back to 400. It flies ok stand alone but I can't use Autopilot and worse... it does not (yet) support the intelligent batteries so when sync with Healthy Drones, it just shows the standard default battery. Also Hangar 360 doesn't work. So... I'll wait until everything is properly set and then I upgrade.
Have some routes to fly and need to do that with Autopilot.
Luckily I have now 2 Mavics ;-)

Like dji says with upgraded features. I Haven't had any issue with new firmware. Will post if anything

I have issues with the 550 and go back to 400. It flies ok stand alone but I can't use Autopilot and worse... it does not (yet) support the intelligent batteries so when sync with Healthy Drones, it just shows the standard default battery. Also Hangar 360 doesn't work. So... I'll wait until everything is properly set and then I upgrade.
Have some routes to fly and need to do that with Autopilot.
Luckily I have now 2 Mavics ;-)

Autopilot... What's the difference between autopilot and Litchi? Just curious. I just purchased Litchi but don't know anything about autopilot.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Autopilot... What's the difference between autopilot and Litchi? Just curious. I just purchased Litchi but don't know anything about autopilot.

They're basically do the same thing. Autopilot is just much more sophisticated and therefore also more vulnerable and harder to program.
But when you undertand it, it's top

Last edited:
I have the impression that I´m flying more with the battery, Am I the only one thinking that this fw improved this particular point ?
I flew yesterday and today, same pattern of flight, today was as windy as it is when I was flying before the upgrade to .550 and the battery is lasting at least 2 minutes more. I know is hard to say it with precision, but that´s the impression I have after flying 8 full batteries with this new fw.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr