DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware appears to be arriving in U.S.

I just connected my MA2 and started it. IT WAS READY TO FLY WITH NO UPDATE MESSAGE. I guess that means the new update does NOT apply to Android. Same thing happened with Mavic Mini, so I am not surprised.
Does anyone know when the Android version will appear?
Try deleting app and then install again.
You have to do a power cycle by shut down or restarting.
Then hook everything up and do the firmware update if your app did update.

doing the update now..slow....is anyone excited about digital zoom?
Zoom and get rid of the jerking. A lot of testing to get them right for me.

this has probably been mentioned and if so ..my bad..
I had to go to ..about>check for updates for the battery update to show on the first screen..

I didn't think you could update your batteries with the fly app, I always use the desktop app to update the batteries. That doesn't mean its not possible just means I have no clue :)

I didn't think you could update your batteries with the fly app, I always use the desktop app to update the batteries. That doesn't mean its not possible just means I have no clue :)

It's possible. Just need to do them one at a time and pick the option that shows up on the initial screen on DJI Fly.

Read the thread. Most of it is referring to updating the batteries with the Fly app.

Was out flying an hour ago, and didn’t see this. Popped open the Fly app just now, and here it is...

b3c7566e4a0a02148b4f40b848fd8700.jpg
Is the new firmware update just for the Mavic Air 2?

I do not believe this is correct. When you update the drone's firmware, it seems to update the firmware in the battery that's in the drone at that moment (and the controller also).

But!: If you then swap the other batteries into the drone, they will request a firmware update before they can be used. Better to run through all your batteries at home and update them than to discover this out in the field.

I just went through this process this morning.

yes aha, if I go out of the camera view the messages are there. I would have expected a message in camera view. I stand corrected.

thanks guys, btw drone did fly without the battery updates. But I expect if a update comes along with a mission critical aspect it will not. Better to do it.

for newer guys like me just go out of the camera view and check your updates for all equipment

I just flew and tested out, love the zoom the parallax options we have now are great. The new setting to disable sideways flight is great to for getting those risky shots where you need to fly perfectly straight and still ascend/descend. I’m sure they have even more in store down the line, not to mention the 3rd party app options that will be available after September when DJI releases Mavic Air 2 SDK.

Battery updates are just that. You will get a separate message to update them if necessary. When you put them in the drone, if an update is necessary you will get a message. For each and every battery...separately. Don’t confuse updates, they are all very specific in their application.

I got the firmware update last nite, then the app update today. Had to uninstall 1.1.5 then install 1.1.6 from play store. Haven't flown yet, but just looking at the avoidance, zoom, new battery info, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it!

Am l the only one that sees "Firmware Update" and gets excited thinking the Air2 smart controller update has finally arrived lol only to have their hopes crushed lol. :(
You are definitely not alone. I keep scanning the DJI Forum for any hint of a release almost daily. Hang in there...

Some really exciting improvements here! Thanks for sharing. Especially stoked about the "Added 4K resolution in Hyperlapse" ... should have always been there, but I'll take it late than never. :) Seems like DJI really does listen fairly well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d