DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware coming soon?

The latest non-answer from DJI as of 12/23/19 ~ 9 AM pacific time.
  • We understand how important is this to you and we apologize for the inconvenience, we will launch a new version of the aircraft firmware and DJI Fly App in the late December to support the unlock feature.
  • visitor.png

That’s great! Can you give me a more specific answer regarding the date in that is already in 23rd of December
  • 08:57
  • wKhYBVkepEOAAvULAAApUt7doz8916.jpg

Unfortunately, as of the moment, we don't have any estimated time or date on when the update will be released.

Please stay tuned to our website at www.dji.com or following us on social media:

Facebook: DJI

Twitter: DJI (@DJIGlobal) | Twitter
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovation
  • So late December could be the 31st or beyond?
  • 09:00
  • visitor.png

It’s frustrating for me and that I purchased the Mavic mini to capture Christmas memories and seemingly am now not going to be able to do that with the mini.

There is a possibility of it.

We sincerely apologize on this and greatly appreciate your support and understanding while this is being worked on.

It's probably going to have some other changes besides the unlock. If they rushed the updates and they were goofed up, everybody would complain about that.

Reactions: Prmath and Thanev
Already comfirmed with Dji support, they will release new firmware and apps to enable self unlock for MM this month late December

I read from another non official forum , it may have surprise in the new release firmware, not sure is this truth or not

cf086074582f7090c09ff71ebffabe47.jpg

I'm still upset at having to buy an expensive 64 bit phone. No tablets are on the mini compatibility list.

Im not flying mine till then, first firmware, my mini flew flawless , second I noticed uncontrolable drifting & drone skidded across the ground, been in the case since

My MA and all it accessories fit in a case that fits neatly in my bikes saddle bag. I can even charge the batteries off the bikes battery.The MA is a much better bird and won't fly off in light winds.
My Mavic meeting fits in my saddlebags also, but my horse does not have a plug-in so I can recharge

I'm still upset at having to buy an expensive 64 bit phone. No tablets are on the mini compatibility list.
The Nokia 2.2 is Android 64. I confirm that it works just fine with DJI Fly. This was the cheapest phone I could find in October without a contract, ($200 Cdn.)

I would not hold my breath for that...
That roaring silence from DJI is not too reassuring. I think they were just trying to buy some time and silence the whiners when they said "the end of December". Nobody heard anything about it since they took down a post about "December 30".
I have become really sceptical over this and it will be really hard for me to believe anything they promise after this fiasco.
(I hope I am wrong, though...)

Thanks for the update ?

I’ve sadly been checking the Fly App in the App Store (iOS) for any update - as opposed to turning on the Mini everyday.

I feel like we should all be compensated, and given DJI Care for free for a year for the lack of transparency - who’s with me? ?

Mark

Thanks for the update ?

I’ve sadly been checking the Fly App in the App Store (iOS) for any update - as opposed to turning on the Mini everyday.

I feel like we should all be compensated, and given DJI Care for free for a year for the lack of transparency - who’s with me? ?

Mark
i'm with you

Reactions: Online151
I would not hold my breath for that...
That roaring silence from DJI is not too reassuring. I think they were just trying to buy some time and silence the whiners when they said "the end of December". Nobody heard anything about it since they took down a post about "December 30".
I have become really sceptical over this and it will be really hard for me to believe anything they promise after this fiasco.
(I hope I am wrong, though...)
Jan 1, my MM combo goes up for sale. And now with these new federal BS regulations........ ??‍♂️

:D Will you ship to Canada? No NFZ where I fly.I will be gentle with it...my other mini combo needs a freind.;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer