DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware coming soon?

With today being the 22nd I guess we’ll know within the next nine days. I haven’t bought one yet but I’ve watched a lot of reviews and am considering getting one. I like the portability and easy hand launch capability. The mini could go in my saddle bag on motorcycle rides. I had the original mavic but whenever I flew it there was a stress level over the fact I was putting $1000 in the sky and flying it a few thousand feet away. Risking less than half that cost feels better somehow.
The new risk you may encounter with the mini will be a few limits that the Mavic pro doesn’t give you. Wind handling ability and range. Don’t sell your MP.

Here's the latest 12/30/19 ~2:50 PM Pacific Time:

Hello, I was hoping to get updated information in regards to correcting the NO Fly in Blue Zones app/firmware for the Mavic Mini.

wKhYBV2IdWSACW8UAAE2T7un3q8862.png

Patrick

Hello.
  • Patrick

Thank you for raising your concern to us.

Thank you. I've raised the concern recently and was hoping to get more current information.

• Patrick

Regarding the Mavic Mini, Last update we received from our engineers is that it should fixed by the end of the month.

• Patrick

So today is the 30th and we are expecting for additional updates either today or tomorrow.
  • visitor.png

Thank you.
  • visitor.png

Isn't it already the 31st where you are?
  • 14:45

• Patrick

We are following US time Sir.
  • visitor.png

I understand

• Patrick

SO hopefully we can get that update within the day or tomorrow.
  • visitor.png

I've participated in many forum posts in regards to this issue and the issue is seemingly widespread.
  • visitor.png

Is there a chance the update won't occur as promised?
  • 14:46
  • Patrick

it is for all mavic mini users.

• Patrick

I hope I can answer that question. But normally if there is a delay or an issue, we are being notified ahead of time.
  • visitor.png

Yes I understand. Not being able to use the product in ones own neighborhood is my reference to other users being widely affected.
  • 14:48

• Patrick

That is correct sir.
  • visitor.png

For clarity, if you there was going to be a delay for the update you would have already been informed

• Patrick

Yes sir.
  • visitor.png

Did I get that correct?

• Patrick

That is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RichardGunawan
With today being the 22nd I guess we’ll know within the next nine days. I haven’t bought one yet but I’ve watched a lot of reviews and am considering getting one. I like the portability and easy hand launch capability. The mini could go in my saddle bag on motorcycle rides. I had the original mavic but whenever I flew it there was a stress level over the fact I was putting $1000 in the sky and flying it a few thousand feet away. Risking less than half that cost feels better somehow.

Hopefully the next firmware update gives some real fix for the flying restriction!

And yes hand launch is very convenient with the Mini, check out my video below:

Here's the latest 12/30/19 ~2:50 PM Pacific Time:

Hello, I was hoping to get updated information in regards to correcting the NO Fly in Blue Zones app/firmware for the Mavic Mini.

wKhYBV2IdWSACW8UAAE2T7un3q8862.png

Patrick

Hello.
  • Patrick

Thank you for raising your concern to us.

Thank you. I've raised the concern recently and was hoping to get more current information.

• Patrick

Regarding the Mavic Mini, Last update we received from our engineers is that it should fixed by the end of the month.

• Patrick

So today is the 30th and we are expecting for additional updates either today or tomorrow.
  • visitor.png

Thank you.
  • visitor.png

Isn't it already the 31st where you are?
  • 14:45

• Patrick

We are following US time Sir.
  • visitor.png

I understand

• Patrick

SO hopefully we can get that update within the day or tomorrow.
  • visitor.png

I've participated in many forum posts in regards to this issue and the issue is seemingly widespread.
  • visitor.png

Is there a chance the update won't occur as promised?
  • 14:46
  • Patrick

it is for all mavic mini users.

• Patrick

I hope I can answer that question. But normally if there is a delay or an issue, we are being notified ahead of time.
  • visitor.png

Yes I understand. Not being able to use the product in ones own neighborhood is my reference to other users being widely affected.
  • 14:48

• Patrick

That is correct sir.
  • visitor.png

For clarity, if you there was going to be a delay for the update you would have already been informed

• Patrick

Yes sir.
  • visitor.png

Did I get that correct?

• Patrick

That is correct.

LOL I like the way you following up on this Patrick guy

New firmware downloading now... (just open the app and you should get a notification)

v01.00.0300 - I have a screenshot of the "fixes" which I will upload once its complete.

Ha - my bad - weird I missed the notifications as I have flown it a few times since it was released - I just went looking for it when I read this thread...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock