DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for DJI Mavic 2 series ( Official M2P Firmware Update Thread )

How do I install this update on my mavic 2 and batteries? I am seeing version 01.00.0400 for aircraft and version 01.00.0400 for remote controller with no option to check for update.

Last edited:
You also can do it in Assistant .

I have my remote and AC updated. This is the first time I was able to update the AC over the air (OTA) without having to use Assistant.
There doesn't seem to be a battery firmware update as I didn't get the "firmware inconsistent" when powering up with another battery.

Update log (release notes) in the app during upgrade mentioned that the default days to discharge is now 5 days. I guess instead of admitting they had a bad run of batteries, they work around the issue by shortening the default time a battery will keep its charge. Sounds like an auto manufacturer that wouldn't admit to an oil sludge problem with oil pooling in the valve head so they set the oil change interval to 5k. These days a properly designed engine only needs a change every 10k, even with conventional.

Only the battery I used for the upgrade had its days to discharge changed to the default of 5. The rest stayed at 10 and had to be manually changed.

Reactions: Elude
How do I install this update on my mavic 2 and batteries? I am seeing version 01.00.0400 for aircraft and version 01.00.0400 for remote controller with no option to check for update.

Just turn off your drone, switch to other battery, turn drone back on, and connect to controller again. After checking firmware you will get a slider on the screen. This updates each battery...one at a time.

Reactions: Housenotes
When they say " Optimize Waypoints" what exactly do they mean? Added features to it? Made it work better... I mean, what should I expect?

I have my remote and AC updated. This is the first time I was able to update the AC over the air (OTA) without having to use Assistant.
There doesn't seem to be a battery firmware update as I didn't get the "firmware inconsistent" when powering up with another battery.

Update log (release notes) in the app during upgrade mentioned that the default days to discharge is now 5 days. I guess instead of admitting they had a bad run of batteries, they work around the issue by shortening the default time a battery will keep its charge. Sounds like an auto manufacturer that wouldn't admit to an oil sludge problem with oil pooling in the valve head so they set the oil change interval to 5k. These days a properly designed engine only needs a change every 10k, even with conventional.

Only the battery I used for the upgrade had its days to discharge changed to the default of 5. The rest stayed at 10 and had to be manually changed.

I got the “inconsistent firmware” message on all 3 of my spare batteries. They were all defaulted to 5 days for the discharge setting.

I updated the drone/controller on Battery#3.....I put in Battery#1 and got the Inconstancy Slider....updated. Put in Battery#2 and got the Inconstancy Slider....updated. Put in Battery #4 and it was fine....no update needed. I turned it off/on 3 times....never prompted me for an update. Weird?

Download is stuck at 99%
Anyone had this problem?
Sorry Mike but no need to start another thread so copied your's and am putting it here .
After upgrade stuck at 99% for about 15 minutes, I decided shutdown Mavic 2P, controller and Go4 app
I turned on controller, app, and the Magic 2P, and got message Mavic update complete and then it automatically started to proceed upgrade controller.
Went though all settings and seems ok. I’ll take her up tomorrow and hopefully all is ok.

When they say " Optimize Waypoints" what exactly do they mean? Added features to it? Made it work better... I mean, what should I expect?
I really hope this is about getting rid of the jerky panning while flying waypoints. It has been reported that this is actually the case and it now flies like butter. I can't wait to test myself. This is great news if that is true!!

In upgrading RC, it got stuck when it completed. Reason was that RC rebooted and when it reconnected to my tablet, I messed up in selecting what app it should use. Resolved by disconnecting and reconnecting USB.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98