DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for DJI Mavic 2 series ( Official M2P Firmware Update Thread )

Well, fifth and sixth try met with failure as did a second computer which could not even load the list of existing firmware! Back to computer number 1 - ah, downloaded almost instantly and now transmitting.

I absolutely LOVE computers. They always respond appropriately and never create any headaches or hassles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back to my pickled herring sandwich.

That went faster than expected once it worked. Put in Battery Two and it is updating it. Battery Three will be next.

Anyone have ideas on when the SC will be updated either firmware or DJI-go? (expecting too much, am I?)

And one last edit: Batteries 2 and 3 went without a hitch.

Oh, and back to my love affair with computers - I was a programmer back in the 70's. Yes, that old! (g)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike4884
I updated both the RC and AC via OTA rather than through Assistant. This is the first time I was successful updating the AC through the app.

Reactions: spud1969
IMG_3058(1)zz.jpg

Here is the new battery tab. Can be set from 1 day to 10 days.
My Zoom updated fine now to do the Pro with Smart Controller.

Last edited:
Hello
Updated the M2P without any problem using, as usual, djigo 4, WiFi and iPad mini 5. Also upgraded 6 batteries without a glitch.
Beware : All settings were reset… nothing usual and really not a problem but, as always, it’s best to check all the items!
Made a short flight test in higher wind conditions without any problem.
Best regards from France
JM

Back to my pickled herring sandwich.
o_OUgh, I'd rather go to the gym and sweat than eat a pickled herring sandwich.:)

Hi there, I just updated my M2P (Chinese version) through DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 app with Iphone 7 Plus iOS 12.4.1. Everything gone well, first updated the AC, then after the RC (not SC), both took about 10 minutes and neither of them got stuck at anytime, at any percentage. I could see the AC restart 3 times during the update process, RC didnt restart. Then after, I changed the battery and turned on the drone, I thought that at this time some message would appear to update/sync with the new battery, but nothing happened, the AC just turned on as usual, so the only thing I did with the other batteries was change the "time to discharge"to 5 days.
Curious to check how the AC would detect the bad battery mounting, I made a test and what I could find is that the AC actually didnt recognize that the battery was badly mounted and it turned on normally and was ready to fly/take off. I just placed the battery without hearing any of the "clicks".
Below you can find the photos.
If Im making something wrong, please let me know.
Thanks

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
Hi there, I just updated my M2P (Chinese version) through DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 app with Iphone 7 Plus iOS 12.4.1. Everything gone well, first updated the AC, then after the RC (not SC), both took about 10 minutes and neither of them got stuck at anytime, at any percentage. I could see the AC restart 3 times during the update process, RC didnt restart. Then after, I changed the battery and turned on the drone, I thought that at this time some message would appear to update/sync with the new battery, but nothing happened, the AC just turned on as usual, so the only thing I did with the other batteries was change the "time to discharge"to 5 days.
Curious to check how the AC would detect the bad battery mounting, I made a test and what I could find is that the AC actually didnt recognize that the battery was badly mounted and it turned on normally and was ready to fly/take off. I just placed the battery without hearing any of the "clicks".
Below you can find the photos.
If Im making something wrong, please let me know.
Thanks
So as I also asked, how the craft determines if baterry is sitted well or not?

So as I also asked, how the craft determines if baterry is sitted well or not?
Yes, it made me curious... there is no sensor to detect, maybe its based on the electric contacts, if someone is not connected, it cant take off...

o_OUgh, I'd rather go to the gym and sweat than eat a pickled herring sandwich.:)
As they say in Boro Park:
Make your day a little bit brightah
Have some pickled herring by Vita!

Reactions: PAW
Someone had taken a battery apart a while back. Pictures showed contact switches behind each latch. After seeing that, I tested. It took both latches not being engaged for the AC to warn that it wasn't latched. Really they should have it that if either latch is not engaged that it would warn or not take off. However I suspect it might be battery hardware that controls how the latches are sensed. If they are wired in parallel and closed when latched, it would take both being open to sense a fault.
Or if open when latched and wired in series, again it would take both to sense a fault.
Or, not all of our batteries are getting firmware updates.

It has latch sensors, but under the previous software it would still take off - just with a warning.
Thanks for the info sar. But, unfortunatelly it seems to be not working properly yet... :(

From what I understand, the latch detection hasn't changed, only the action if it is detected to not be latched. Before it was only a warning but you could still fly. Now it won't fly.
Both latches need to be pushed in in order to detect it's not latched.

It's possible the switches aren't sensitive enough where they have to be too far in to be detected to make it of any value.
Heck, there's only 1 or 2mm from fully out to flush with the battery body.

Great!!! But how does it determine if the battery was locked good? The clips have any metal switch?

Yes. With the swelling battery thread a few of us have warnings of a battery not latched during flight on previous firmwares.

2 of the changes in this look to be their attempt to paper over the battery swelling issue. The latched warning and 5 day discharge.

Reactions: Chris_GREECE
I tried repeatedly to do the updates via DJI GO 4 for the newer firmware via a Mini iPad with latest iOS. Go 4 was already at the current version. The new firmware update notifications simply would not appear in Go 4. I installed DJI Assistant on a new iMac and that process succeeded in detecting both the AC and RC. Both updated, but both hung up at at the end , showing 95% and 99% respectively. I waited a VERY long time, (15 minutes), in both cases with no apparent change. I then shut off the device(s) and started over and Assistant indicated - confirmed that the new firmware was installed on both devices. Strange and a little unsettling. The first battery showed 5 days. Changing batteries did not prompt any firmware inconsistency warnings. My other two batteries showed 10 days, which I changed to 5.

I will do some test flights today to confirm everything is working, but the process did not leave me with the warm fuzzies given the somewhat flawed process above.

Just reporting this to add to the collective history.

Addednote:. Test flight today was unremarkable, no problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: JS1600 and spud1969

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13