DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for DJI Mavic 2 series ( Official M2P Firmware Update Thread )

Yes. With the swelling battery thread a few of us have warnings of a battery not latched during flight on previous firmwares.

2 of the changes in this look to be their attempt to paper over the battery swelling issue. The latched warning and 5 day discharge.
Thank you!!!! Today I also run the upgrade and was done perfect I hope this weekend to find time and test the way points!!!

View attachment 81819 Now to go test it out back. :oops:
after the new firmware update i finally had a chance to fly today and immediately noticed that my color grading is missing?i no longer have cinelike or true color or true color etc and the encoding format changed from h 265 to h264 im also missing the ntsc/pal? has anyone else experienced this?

I have installed the firmware upgrade... I am more interested in the EXIF elevation figures at this stage..
Kudos to DJI for the effort, and it is really, really appreciated, but there is still a little issue.
I did a test before and immediately after the upgrade, and the results, while significantly better, are still not great.
Details in the attached PDF

Attachments

• DJI M2P FIRMWARE UPGRADE.pdf
    127.5 KB · Views: 59
after the new firmware update i finally had a chance to fly today and immediately noticed that my color grading is missing?i no longer have cinelike or true color or true color etc and the encoding format changed from h 265 to h264 im also missing the ntsc/pal? has anyone else experienced this?
It's not unusual for firmware updates to reset settings.

Is there a way to print or save in a file my saved settings before I update. Fairly new mavic 2 owner and I’ve spent a lot of time researching my preferred settings and don’t think I can remember them all.

Reactions: JS1600
I don't think so. What would be better is if you could save all settings to a profile which then would be in a config file. We often have a different set of settings based on different flying conditions. Indoors vs outdoors for example.

Reactions: sonof40
This came out one day before I hiked a mountain to map some rock fractures with the Mavic. It flew very well. I did grid survey flights and can tell you the altitude exif issue is fixed!

Is there a way to print or save in a file my saved settings before I update. Fairly new mavic 2 owner and I’ve spent a lot of time researching my preferred settings and don’t think I can remember them all.
I take screenshot's of all of mine when I have it tuned in to where I like it and save them in a file on my desktop. Course the update might have changed something that affected what I do have set but will just adjust it .

Reactions: Housenotes
Just turn off your drone, switch to other battery, turn drone back on, and connect to controller again. After checking firmware you will get a slider on the screen. This updates each battery...one at a time.
Thanks, I will do that but I still can’t get it to update the drone/controller firmware

I was having record stop record start delays prior to this update. Now for the first time since. .300 its all fixed and finally working correctly.

With this new firmware dji as solve all problems with gps altitude exif fotos !
Also there are more news on this new firmware !

Dji did a great job !

I cannot get my mavic 2 to update to the newest firmware. Tried the on off on off on off method. Tried replacing a different battery. Always comes back with version 01.0 0.0400. When I turn on the DJI go 4 app and connect it says checking for latest firmware but then shows latest installed (which is the .0400 version!)

Last edited:
Curious about what are the improvements to Waypoints and batteries. Two culprits of my lost M2 case :)

View attachment 81912

Here is the new battery tab. Can be set from 1 day to 10 days.
My Zoom updated fine now to do the Pro with Smart Controller.
I guess they saw me telling so many people how to care for these batterys on the forums, they sd ok mike is so right, lets add that important feature back in? seriously thats great though and a very important feature...people should be doing 2 days max for a charged lipo....no bueno fully charged sitting around especially in a hot environment.

What’s New?

• Added altitude display to video captions.

Well this bullet is interesting. This change may allow me to finally support altitude for the MP2 in DroneViewer. Would someone with the new firmware be so kind as to send me an SRT file from a flight? Preferably one with a lot of altitude changes. Thanks!

Reactions: JS1600
Well this bullet is interesting. This change may allow me to finally support altitude for the MP2 in DroneViewer. Would someone with the new firmware be so kind as to send me an SRT file from a flight? Preferably one with a lot of altitude changes. Thanks!
What is an SRT file?

It's the caption file that accompanies videos when you have the feature turned on. Provides record time, some video info such as ISO, shutter speed, etc, and GPS lat/lon. Now it includes altitude. I always had lat/lon and altitude on my P3A.

Has anyone noticed the altitude seems to be GPS altitude rather than relative from launch that flight telemetry shows? I flew today at 95ft high from takeoff but SRT showed 42 meters. When I landed SRT showed 10m.
My P3 showed relative from takeoff.

This came out one day before I hiked a mountain to map some rock fractures with the Mavic. It flew very well. I did grid survey flights and can tell you the altitude exif issue is fixed!
Then it must be MY individual M2P.... the numbers in my attachment are categorical.... Immediately before the update, and immediately after, from exactly the same take-off spot, and all other settings exactly the same before and after.
As I said in my post... it is MUCH better now, but not quite on the spot (for my machine), and I congratulate DJI for their effort...

However, here's the notes from the other thread:

* Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0510
* DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.24
* DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.24

What’s New?

* Added battery mounting detection. Aircraft is unable to take off if the Intelligent Flight Battery is not mounted correctly. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
* Added altitude display to video captions.
* Optimized auto discharging function for the Intelligent Flight Battery. Added ability to set when auto discharge will begin. The default setting is five days. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required.
* Improved obstacle detection accuracy.
* Improved accuracy of altitude for Exif photos.
* Optimized Waypoints.

It's about time they allowed battery discharge time and altitude in video caption.
Have a Mavic 2 Zoom plus CS on V4.3.16 so NO update for me DJI PLEASE Update the CS it cost a lot of money and is way behind with updates to GO 4 App

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11