DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware for DJI Mavic 2 series ( Official M2P Firmware Update Thread )

Then it must be MY individual M2P.... the numbers in my attachment are categorical.... Immediately before the update, and immediately after, from exactly the same take-off spot, and all other settings exactly the same before and after.
As I said in my post... it is MUCH better now, but not quite on the spot (for my machine), and I congratulate DJI for their effort...

I posted a separate thread on the EXIF changes:

Firmware v01.00.0510 EXIF altitude changes

As much as I want to get the update on my SC I think I will wait for something official from DJI. In a side note when the lipos go into self discharge mode what percentage to they discharge to?

I use the SC.
Just updated now.
23rd Sep 2019:

AC: 0510
SC: 0590
Go4: 4.3.24
All batteries updated to match AC: 0510

I use the SC.
Just updated now.
23rd Sep 2019:
How did you do the Go4 update? I've seen some mixed results with folks sideloading it from the Chinese site, but my controller still does not offer to update the app.

Reactions: JS1600
I use the SC.
Just updated now.
23rd Sep 2019:

AC: 0510
SC: 0590
All batteries updated to match AC: 0510

Did you manually update Go4?

Go4 on my SC isnt showing any update available (in fact, nothing at all happens when i click on the check for updates in the app).
Firmware .59 has been current for quite a while.

Easy peasy, I did mine yesterday on my Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller and 4 batteries. Download and install took about 20 minutes, my other three batteries took about 5 minutes each. Shut down the drone, pop in another battery and start up again. You'll get a warning about software, hit the button and the update takes about 2-3 minutes

Is there a way to know what improvement was done for this feature they mentioned:
"Improved obstacle detection accuracy"

Go4 on my SC isnt showing any update available (in fact, nothing at all happens when i click on the check for updates in the app).
Same here
20190923_145825.jpg

Last edited:
Nice video, Robin.
lt encouraged me to revisit a demonstration I made at the start of 2019 showing how much worse the Mavic 2 was than the Mavic 1 in following Waypoint instructions - from whatever App (Litchi, GSPro, Go4,...).
The updated video below adds the results from last weeks firmware update. Conclusion: The Mavic 2 now outperforms the Mavic 1 in terms of smoothness of yaw, and accuracy at centering the POI. To me this is a very significant improvement, resulting in much more professional video output.
All three flights were made using the identical Litchi program.
I would have used Go 4 instead to show DJI finally had its act together on this one, but unfortunately it has lost my original flight program.

Reactions: ilkerkrn and JS1600
This post by support says the officially support downloading the apk off the DJI site to update as smart controller update in-device is broken:-

FiShBuRn in his post Update Firmware on Multiple Batteries put a link to the apk. I downloaded and installed via SD and it seems to have worked fine. Now running version 4.3.24. Updated my batteries, but have not flown with it yet.

This post by support says the officially support downloading the apk off the DJI site to update as smart controller update in-device is broken:-

FiShBuRn in his post Update Firmware on Multiple Batteries put a link to the apk. I downloaded and installed via SD and it seems to have worked fine. Now running version 4.3.24. Updated my batteries, but have not flown with it yet.

I was just about to post this, just saw this post on DJI forums also.
The link on site is still old one, but a few posts down, someone posted a dropbox link to it.
Think ill wait another week to see if they update the url on the US site, or either use a VPN to get it.

Reactions: PAW
Something I noticed after updating the Go 4 App and the batteries... On all four of my batteries, the Go4 app reports much fewer Battery Charges than I know is the actual number. In fact, I use Airdata UAV to log my flights and the battery info there is accurate. I.e. for Battery 1, Go 4 reports 13 charges and Airdata UAV reports 21 charges. Similarly, on the other three batteries, the number of actual charges on each is about double those reported by the Go 4 App.

I don't know if this disparity existed prior to my doing the update as I never paid attention to the App, relying on Airdata to keep me informed about battery health. Anyone else having similar inconsistencies?

I was just about to post this, just saw this post on DJI forums also.
The link on site is still old one, but a few posts down, someone posted a dropbox link to it.
Think ill wait another week to see if they update the url on the US site, or either use a VPN to get it.
Just updated App using the apk. Worked flawlessly!

Reactions: xOperator and PAW
Something I noticed after updating the Go 4 App and the batteries... On all four of my batteries, the Go4 app reports much fewer Battery Charges than I know is the actual number. In fact, I use Airdata UAV to log my flights and the battery info there is accurate. I.e. for Battery 1, Go 4 reports 13 charges and Airdata UAV reports 21 charges. Similarly, on the other three batteries, the number of actual charges on each is about double those reported by the Go 4 App.

I don't know if this disparity existed prior to my doing the update as I never paid attention to the App, relying on Airdata to keep me informed about battery health. Anyone else having similar inconsistencies?
Yes I noticed that when I updated my Zoom with the regular controller, I'm still waiting on the official release for the Smart controller.

I was going to make a new thread asking for thoughts on this odd occurrence I had the other day, but I decided to post it here thinking it may be more relevant after reading this attribute of the new firmware rollout:

* Improved obstacle detection accuracy.

Refer to the following flight log, at 13m01s into the flight. This is something that has never happened to me. I definitely needed a change of underwear being that I was over water when it happened and it completely took me by surprise. There wasn't any obstacle, I believe the drone was reacting to the bright rising sun. That's the best I could come up with, anyhow. If anyone else has some insight please let me know.

I happened to be recording while it happened, here's a clip from the flight:

Fired up the drone the other day to do the FW updates (haven't updated since the last version obviously) and nothing was triggered for the drone, batteries, or the SC - said I was up to date. Has that happened to anyone else? I would much rather do it OTA vs. through DJI Assistant for Mavic 2.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60