DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware June 16th For RC & Mini 3P

OK, please...can someone who has the Mini 3 and has experienced the bad range issue, please download this new firmware and RC update and let us know if the range improved. There are many of us waiting to see if DJI is gonna fix this issue before ordering. Thanks. 👍

Hopefully the range issue that many Canadian flyers will be addressed in this firmware update. Wo t be able to try it today unless the rain stops

They have disabled BT & WiFi to switch off when connected automatically now with a stupid SIM card option. Waiting fro the mod to install a SIM slot

Going to test it now...

Flew a "D" cell (Plus battery) and all seems well. I have no range issues so I cannot comment on that. I greatly dislike the auto OFF with the BT & WiFi, but that MAY be their first step addressing the range issues some are experiencing.

They have disabled BT & WiFi to switch off when connected automatically now with a stupid SIM card option. Waiting fro the mod to install a SIM slot

Going to test it now...
Not sure what this means. What is BT? and what SIM Card option?

I have noticed a slight improvement but my antennae aren't stock. The auto connection off BT/WiFi give extra confidence

So that means if you have a HOTSPOT connection which is through WIFI they disable it?

Reactions: SpinItUp
Yes

It didn't fix the wrong/missing profile of the 12MP DNGs.
They still have that strong vignetting/darkening problem :-/

Updating from V01.00.0100 to V01.00.0150 (1039.77 Mb)
Says it added suport for Japanese RID
Optimized quick transfer
Fixed some minor bugs (so I guess range is a Major Bug that will have to wait for a later firmware update).
Have not tried it yet, but Shadow3467 who has reported several range tests did not find any improvement with range.

In terms of range pretty much the same I'd say. Someone mentioned that it now turns off the drones bluetooth which I'm not seeing as mine is staying on.

Just flew a test run after updating firmware.
Noticed new message on screen upon take off saying "Wi-Fi and Bluetooth have been automatically turned off."
Never noticed this before. Possible tweak with new FW? Possibly to reduce interference or improve range?
Still getting messages of "RF signal interference" at 46 meters above take off point. Maybe there is some RF device in my neighborhood that's local to me which is causing this interference?
Also still getting "Aircraft signal interference" at 200 meter distance, H-60.
But range has improved. I was able to send it out over 600 meters this time.
Noticed that the signal strength did not fluctuate between very poor (2 bars or less) and good (with 5 bars). Instead the signal strength indicator was far more consistent at dropping bars the further out I would fly.
Previous flights has a lot more variation in the reading of signal strength, jumping from "white" bars (4-5) to "yellow bars" (1-2).
More testing is needed and I hope others will report their experiences here.

My experience with the new firmware.
I'm on FCC.. flying in Miami. I have the remote with the LCD.
Upgraded firmware. Then shut down both the remote and mini to bring it outside.

• I have wifi outside so I made sure the map downloaded before I took off.
  • I started screen recording and then took off.
  • I got the warning that the wifi and Bluetooth would turn off.
  • I decided to make sure the homepoint was good. But when I went to the map, it was the entire map. The downloaded map was gone.
  • So I went to turn on wifi.. and the screen froze. The android system then crashed and gave me an error.
  • The controls still worked and I was only 50 feet off the ground so i quickly landed.
  • I turned off the remote and turned it back on. The recording was gone so can't share.
  • I then made sure the map downloaded.. took off again.. this time no error. Map was there.
  • I flew out to 1500 feet with no issue (200 feet altitude).. but then lost visual sight so came back.
  • No further issues.
I don't love that it turns off the wifi. I'm concerned if I'm connected via hotspot on a bad signal and the map doesn't download in time. Having the wifi on makes sure I know where the hell the drone is if I lose VLOS.

This is my 4th signal/range test, after the recent update if anyone's curious. Signal is still atrociously inconsistent even in wide open country fields

The first 3-4 minutes of the video are acceptable levels of signal loss, then it just ***** the bed. Multiple full disconnects between 4 and 6 minutes.

Also the compass is still off despite me pointing directly at the drone, and I even try to calibrate the RC at the start of the video.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15