DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware released for SmartController - v01.00.0530

Successful update with Assistant 2.08 on PC using USB 2.0 port. Assistant is on the computer. The controller won't start showing any progress until the download has completed, then "transmitted" to the controller.

Dare I trust it?
In the main screen of Assistant 2 for Mavic you see in the lower right corner the version. 2.0.8

Well, now the **** software does not see the controller at all. It saw it two days ago.

yeah I had the same issue.
  • Downloaded v2.08 of DJI Assistant
  • Used a different cable (they recommend the one that came with the radio)
  • Some folks said use a 2.0 port but I did it on a 3.0 port

yeah I had the same issue.
  • Downloaded v2.08 of DJI Assistant
  • Used a different cable (they recommend the one that came with the radio)
  • Some folks said use a 2.0 port but I did it on a 3.0 port

It worked fine the other day.

It now wants log-in and VERIFICATION code. Where the heck do I get that?

I have checked email and password. But what the .... is the code?
This sucks big time.
I have UNinstalled and REinstalled 3 times now.

As for Version number - check it out. expanding the window does not fill in the Version

assist.jpg

It worked fine the other day.

I have checked email and password. But what the .... is the code?
This sucks big time.
I have UNinstalled and REinstalled 3 times now.

verification code is the obfuscated letters/numbers just to the right of the code field, it's to ensure you're not a bot.

mine look like they are blue, green and purple with lines and dots over it; it's supposed to be difficult to read.70640

Reactions: TampaTC and ff22
Just prior launch of A2FM, disable your AV Scanner. You should see then a small window with the code.
After you entered the code, you can enable your AV system again.

OK first flight complete

• Date issue looks like it has been corrected (looks like it only might be off 1 hour off Wifi because of DST)
  • Waypoints look to have been updated all in English now
  • Waypoint lists can be saved and recalled now

Reactions: mwardncsu
at last after hours of frustration and nearly binning it using usb 2.0 worked for me and not usb 3.0, god knows why.

at last after hours of frustration and nearly binning it using usb 2.0 worked for me and not usb 3.0, god knows why.

same with my experience Raven; i believe it's the in the bridge/controller in your system, my PC is very new, an extremely powerful gaming system (8 core extreme Intel i7, 32gb ram, SSD 2.0 and the latest on MB I/O) and i just confirmed my USB 3.0 ports (2) are managed by a 3.1 extensible host controller and my PC simply didn't see the SC but USB 2.0 ports both worked. now i tried it on my wife's laptop, older, standard Best buy lenovo, 1 USB 3.0 port and it identified the SC.

in all cases i'm using the thick gauge cable the SC came with.

at the end of the day i don't want to give misinformation, USB 3.0 is tested and works but there may be a chance it doesn't based on the bridge/controller, i think it's safe to say 2.0 will always work and if you only have USB 1.0 it's time you upgrade :)

verification code is the obfuscated letters/numbers just to the right of the code field, it's to ensure you're not a bot.

mine look like they are blue, green and purple with lines and dots over it; it's supposed to be difficult to read.View attachment 70640
I see nothing - maybe it's my age. But, also, the Version only shows that "V". Maybe it does not like Win7. The older version was working.

I've now installed it on my Surface Book with Win10. Seems to be downloading SO FAR. I reset the Display Timeout to 30 minutes from my usual 2 minutes to allow it to work its magic (or not!)

We shall see. Heading downstairs to check the progress. At least, I'm getting more aerobic points.

I know what you mean - I was getting to the point of KICKING something really, really hard. Will head downstairs and see what's happening on Win10 machine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simplefillus