DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware released for SmartController - v01.00.0530

I see nothing - maybe it's my age. But, also, the Version only shows that "V". Maybe it does not like Win7. The older version was working.

I've now installed it on my Surface Book with Win10. Seems to be downloading SO FAR. I reset the Display Timeout to 30 minutes from my usual 2 minutes to allow it to work its magic (or not!)

We shall see.

i was going to ask if you were using Win7 looking at your example, MS is set to end support that in less than a year, i'd move off that OS as soon as humanly (and financially) possible...

display timeout had no impact to my experience, in fact i "woke it up" 3 times throughout the whole process.

it works very slow. on the auto-update over wifi it never moved from 0% update progress. over wire on usb2 it has transmitted update and went relatively fast to 16%, then sat at it for 5 min, now i got it at 56%, sitting on it again.
make sure to remove sd card before updating, as usual.

whole process in assistant 2 completed, at 98% it threw error window saying 'update failed'. i started process again. will see what will second try do.

i was going to ask if you were using Win7 looking at your example, MS is set to end support that in less than a year, i'd move off that OS as soon as humanly (and financially) possible...

display timeout had no impact to my experience, in fact i "woke it up" 3 times throughout the whole process.
It's the main desktop. I did find some update for it ages ago but never followed through.

The Controller is updating on this Win10 Surface book. 98% on computer andd blue bar on controller is about 3/4s done.

Fingers remain crossed. Ah, a reboot is happening.... DONE!

Oh. is there an update for the regular controller to also allow DUAL controllers? Not that I'm rushing to use them anyway.

What about drone? Which version?

It's the main desktop. I did find some update for it ages ago but never followed through.

The Controller is updating on this Win10 Surface book. 98% on computer andd blue bar on controller is about 3/4s done.

?

Reactions: Bernd2019

hmm. for me it failed 3 times so far after reaching 98%. odd. will try to do a full factory reset now.

TADA! Like some other members, even though the SC allowed the update to proceed without using Assistant 2, it just hung on the update screen even though the update file downloaded successfully. After launching Assistant 2.0.8, trying USB3 (no good), and plugging into USB2, the download and SC update succeeded. Interestingly, I never took my Micro SD card out of the SC, and yet it completed okay.

Oh. is there an update for the regular controller to also allow DUAL controllers? Not that I'm rushing to use them anyway.

What about drone? Which version?

yes, i updated the drone (M2P), standard controller and RE goggles; the batteries did not have an update, regardless i did run each of my 3 through the flight prep process.

Reactions: ff22
TADA! Like some other members, even though the SC allowed the update to proceed without using Assistant 2, it just hung on the update screen even though the update file downloaded successfully. After launching Assistant 2.0.8, trying USB3 (no good), and plugging into USB2, the download and SC update succeeded. Interestingly, I never took my Micro SD card out of the SC, and yet it completed okay.

i had the Micro SD card in mine (128gb extreme) and had zero issues, i didn't know it was a recommendation to remove it.

Reactions: Greenflash
are you using a Mac desktop or laptop?
98% on the download?
98% on the install?
98% of the install. dunno, just did a full factory reset, also updated assistant to 2.0.8. it runs now, did no finish yet.
sd card issue was early on, it was getting stuck on the update with it inserted. it was probably fixed since then.

so, looks like factory reset helped, as it now brought a banner 'checking the package! device is going to reboot' when it reached 98% install. and rebooted. hmm. glitchy stuff!

My update is suspiciously hung at 0% for the last 20 mins or so. If I try and go back a page it says "wait for the update to complete" ah... nothing like being on the bleeding edge!
It must be done via DJI Assistant 2 (which has also been updated at the same time).

Successfully updated using DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) and Mac - using the charging cable provided with the SC and a port expander on my Mac (that has 2 USB-C ports).

I did get some errors trying to find the update a few times over my slow DSL - switched to using 4G over my phone's hot-spot and it found it, then downloaded the file reasonably quickly - sat there for minutes with 1% showning on the DJI Assistant 2 and nothing on the SC screen, then the screen came alive for a while, then reset, etc - the feedback look is not great but things were happening - reset it setup and came back up with the new code (still without any real positive notification on DJI Assistant on the Mac).

i started with a bit of fear in my belly after reading everyones problems
But
latest version of DJI *** for Mav 2, plugged into my win 10 pc and hit update. No problems or issues. All update and working fine as far as i can see.

Reactions: dtp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akck010