DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware released for SmartController - v01.00.0530

My update is suspiciously hung at 0% for the last 20 mins or so. If I try and go back a page it says "wait for the update to complete" ah... nothing like being on the bleeding edge!

If I may, I as well have NOT been able to update.

Need a little advice. I tried, in vein might I add too get the new smart controller firmware v1.00.0530 to update. I did everything as was instructed But after the download it would never update, even after waiting 14hrs too do so. I have always used my wifi before to update any firmare too the Smart Controller and never needed the DJI Assistant 2 from my computer. and never had a problem.

I tried (IN VEIN) both ways wifi and the dji assistant 2 on my computer and after 2 days now STILL NO results.
So I have come here too tap into the knowledge base here and the group's experience as too what else I might try.

at this point I am sort of EXHAUSTED trying.

Will await and APPRECIATE any and all who are willing too share their advice.

Bill

Nice! Again before the Crystalsky! Thanks, DJI! :mad::rolleyes:

Seriously, are we going to cry about that after every update? Besides, were you dying to use dual remotes? Do you have two remotes? Hahaha! It just seems like there's a lot of silly complaints. Besides, if you happen the actually have two remotes, link the one with the Crystalsky as the primary and the Smart Controller as the secondary. That's how I did mine and it works. I programmed it, flew it around the yard a couples times and then went back to normal. I'll probably never use it again.

Need a little advice. I tried, in vein might I add too get the new smart controller firmware v1.00.0530 to update. I did everything as was instructed But after the download it would never update, even after waiting 14hrs too do so. I have always used my wifi before to update any firmare too the Smart Controller and never needed the DJI Assistant 2 from my computer. and never had a problem.

I tried (IN VEIN) both ways wifi and the dji assistant 2 on my computer and after 2 days now STILL NO results.
So I have come here too tap into the knowledge base here and the group's experience as too what else I might try.

Bill

Okay. First, you have to use assistant 2 to update. Second there was a new version of DJIA2 released yesterday as well. Third use only the cable that came with the Smart Controller. Fourth, data reset the Smart Controller.

So, uninstall DJI Assistant 2 from your computer. Download the new version from DJI. Find the original cord that came with the controller. Data Reset your Smart Controller. Remove any micro SD cards from the Smart Controller. Try it again and it should work.

Bill

You can only use the DJI assistant. Suggestions
  • download the latest version 2.0.8
  • use the usb cable that came with your radio
  • clear at least 3 GB off your internal storage on the radio
  • remove SD card from radio
  • use usb 2.0 port on your computer

You can only use the DJI assistant. Suggestions
  • download the latest version 2.0.8
  • use the usb cable that came with your radio
  • clear at least 3 GB off your internal storage on the radio
  • remove SD card from radio
  • use usb 2.0 port on your computer

Ahem^^^^ look above you.^^^ You phrased it better though. I included a data reset since there were multiple attempted, could have corrupted files now.

Ahem^^^^ look above you.^^^ You phrased it better though. I included a data reset since there were multiple attempted, could have corrupted files now.
That's because I took more time typing mine. Perhaps if you're desperate factory reset. But I've only found you need to factory reset android devices if you've messed with system files.

That's because I took more time typing mine. Perhaps if you're desperate factory reset. But I've only found you need to factory reset android devices if you've messed with system files.

Hmmm...well, he did say he tried to update over wifi, then potentially with the old version of DJIA2 so... Besides, there's nothing on there but your downloaded maps and old videos that were on your drone anyway.

Hmmm...well, he did say he tried to update over wifi, then potentially with the old version of DJIA2 so... Besides, there's nothing on there but your downloaded maps and old videos that were on your drone anyway.

You mean besides ALL your settings ? I just hate to go through them again once I get something set up the way I like it. Gimble speed, expo, etc I suppose I should screenshot them all

Thanks to reading this first. My update went smooth as silk. I took out my sd card. Downloaded the new dji assitant. Plugged in the SC to usb. Canceled any pop up screens on the SC. Selected the SC in dji assist and and it showed the firmware update. I clicked update firmware and it took off and did the rest. Thank you all for sharing your experiances. I’m sure it saved me some headaches.

You mean besides ALL your settings ? I just hate to go through them again once I get something set up the way I like it. Gimble speed, expo, etc I suppose I should screenshot them all

Well there's that but I don't see it as a lot... Okay, add note yoor settings to my list, like you should before every firmware update as sometimes they change back to stock.

Followed the instructions and 3 times have the same error code at 98% Code 0x00b007. Decided to let it rest for a while and let my frustration subside. Love the kit but hate the support :(

Followed the instructions and 3 times have the same error code at 98% Code 0x00b007. Decided to let it rest for a while and let my frustration subside. Love the kit but hate the support :(

Did you do everything on my or DD'S list?

I'm not just making my list up. I made the mistakes and fixed them and ir worked perfectly. I truly believe that if you try to update using wifi, the wrong cord or use the old software, you could possibly corrupt the file as you download it. Which could make subsequent attempts, even when done correctly, difficult. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: DebianDog
Last edited:

Bill

A few things to try:

Use the charging cable that came with the remote.
Try using a different usb port on the computer - some have had better luck with older usb2 ports.
Use a port on the back of the computer and not one at the front (those tend to be hubs which can sometimes be a problem)
I changed the SC's Display Timeout. Main Settings, Display, Timeout - I made it 30 minutes to delay it going black and then off.
Try another computer. My Win7 would not work. My Win10 did.

Good luck.

edited to add: I see others made similar lists before I posted - did not read past your message. Oh, yeah, take out the sd-card. Have the correct Assistant software.

Reactions: RogerMav
Okay. First, you have to use assistant 2 to update. Second there was a new version of DJIA2 released yesterday as well. Third use only the cable that came with the Smart Controller. Fourth, data reset the Smart Controller.

So, uninstall DJI Assistant 2 from your computer. Download the new version from DJI. Find the original cord that came with the controller. Data Reset your Smart Controller. Remove any micro SD cards from the Smart Controller. Try it again and it should work.
Thanks Lon for getting back with me. I have a windows 10 computer BUT my internet connection is NOT the best too say the least, BUT if I am the only person on and do not have a ton of pages open I do manage. I live up in the mountains of western North Carolina and a bit out of town which means there is not to much infrastructure been installed out our way. BUT that being said I have had ALL the updates prior too this one that have had NO issues and used the controller to do the updates VIA WIFI and all went well. This is the FIRST firmware that I have had an issue. I did as you have written, have the latest assistant 2,and as well used the same cable that came with the controller,(same one I charge with) and 4th, data reset the controller. NOT quite sure what you are referring too with this statement, can you give me more advice as too what you mean by that ? NOT quite sure about just what and how to reset the controller, do you mean to reboot the controller? Again appreciate your time and patience, with my lack of knowledge. Lon, do you feel even with my slow internet connection the firmware should still work? I do get it too download but as I had mentioned in my previous post It never updated. Oh yeah Lon, about USB 2.0 do you feel that is an Issue,? I have been using 3.0 also what's this about an SD card, I had NO idea there is an SD card in or on the controller, only SD card I have is in the Drone. I think I will TRY to connect VIA back of the computer as you suggest for my usb connection. Thanks again for your time and sharing knowledge, keep your fingers crossed. Bill

Last edited:
FYI I have a good high speed Internet connection (30 mbps down, 10 up) and I still get the error that there’s a network error. I’m using MAC & can’t even get the latest v of Assistant 2 (can only download v2.0.6) so I think all in all DJI has made a sows ear of this update & I’m going to stop trying until they get things sorted out.

I just did the upgrade directly with the controller. NOT with Assistant v2.0.8. Despite all the instructions, I turned on the controller this morning, it came up with the message that the update was available, so I went ahead and did it. It was smooth, downloaded the update and installed it. V01.00.0530 is installed. After the restart it asked if the SD card could be used as the main memory - a nice feature in this update.

Reactions: RogerMav
I tried with wifi, it downloaded ok but the installation just sat at 0% several minutes, so I gave up. Maybe i should give it more time.Cirrus did your installation pause or stop of a while?

Hi Guys

I installed my update on SC in
10-15 min with no any problems
At all
But when I read all posts above
People try to install firmware
In different ways and they can’t
And we are talking about same SC
So may be problem in configuration of each SC
Can some one try to do muster reset Of SC and install firmware after that?

It took a while but never stopped. There are two steps, the download and the installation. Both proceeded normally. There is a YouTube video from DJI Support showing the upgrade, either from the controller or with Assistant.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique