DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware released for SmartController - v01.00.0530

Update took 20 minutes. Sc supplied usb, Mac, and assistant 2 (.08 version)

I could only get mine to update on Windows 7. Tried 2 laptops with Windows 10 and it failed every time. Did it on my desktop running windows 7 and it worked with no problems at all.

Looks like uninstalling Assistant 2 and reinstalling it is the key.

I did that a few times the other day. It never even saw my Smart Controller or my Zoom. And just two days before the prior Assistant program upgraded my Zoom. Then I got gutsy! Win7 - went through the Registry and deleted every entry that had dji in it. I did not care what it was or wasn't. GONE - all 300+ entries. Then I rebooted the computer and reinstalled. It finally saw my SC. But I had already upgraded on a Win10 surface book.

I never read release notes and this suprised me that I need newer version of DJI assistant. And that was not the only problem in update.... :/
I feel like I'm the beta tester of DJI (final) products.

The 4th one that you can customize on the RC can’t be done on the SC.

Yes it can. I could before the update and -didn't check- I suspect you still can.
Let me know if this is still a problem for you and I will have a look at it tonight with some screenshots

Yes it can. I could before the update and -didn't check- I suspect you still can.
Let me know if this is still a problem for you and I will have a look at it tonight with some screenshots

You can customize it, but no way to save it. As soon as you back out of that screen, it’s erased.
Try it out[emoji6]
My MP controls can be done, but not it’s successor? Why have that 4th one, but no save?
So many glitches for a new product [emoji35]

You can customize it, but no way to save it. As soon as you back out of that screen, it’s erased.
Try it out[emoji6]
My MP controls can be done, but not it’s successor? Why have that 4th one, but no save?
So many glitches for a new product [emoji35]
Ah! You are right, you can't save it. When I tried, after updating the custom stick configuration, you shouldn't push the arrow to go back to the main menu, but better push the cross to close the menu.
I wasn't able to fly the drone after, but I fired up the simulator, and the controls there worked according to my (custom) setup. I went back into the stick configuration menu, and it showed the "default custom" config again but the functionality was as I set it... something seems fishy!
I would be very VERY bummed and outraged if I couldn't fly with my own setup anymore (Left stick: Up/Down/Strafe Left/Strafe Right, Right stick: Forward, Aft, Yaw Left, Yaw Right)...

It really is a great help when you only have a good hand [emoji870]. I use right stick for left/right turn forward/aft.
Once I set the height, I don’t need the left stick for flying.
It pretty much makes it awkward w/o custom configuration, but it’s doable. [emoji17]

Ah! You are right, you can't save it. When I tried, after updating the custom stick configuration, you shouldn't push the arrow to go back to the main menu, but better push the cross to close the menu.
I wasn't able to fly the drone after, but I fired up the simulator, and the controls there worked according to my (custom) setup. I went back into the stick configuration menu, and it showed the "default custom" config again but the functionality was as I set it... something seems fishy!
I would be very VERY bummed and outraged if I couldn't fly with my own setup anymore (Left stick: Up/Down/Strafe Left/Strafe Right, Right stick: Forward, Aft, Yaw Left, Yaw Right)...

Edit; I flew this morning, and the configuration as I set it was still working. (Didn't test if it also showed up correctly in the menu though)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd