DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware released for SmartController - v01.00.0530

mwardncsu

Reactions
Just saw on Facebook that DJI has release new SmartController firmware that supports dual-controllers and also the Enterprise drones. Guess I'll be doing an update tonight.....

New DJI Smart Controller Firmware Released | Facebook

Overview
  • Date: 2019.04.25
  • Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0530
  • DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.16
  • DJI Pilot App: v1.3.0
  • DJI Assistant 2: For Mavic v2.0.8
What’s New
  • Added Aircraft Management under settings. Once connected to the Smart Controller, an aircraft can be added and managed in Aircraft Management. Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Enterprise, and Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual are supported.
  • Added Dual Remote Controller mode (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 or later).
  • Added a warning prompt if the compass of the remote controller requires calibration. Users can also now check the status of the compass under settings.
  • Added an option to set the external microSD card as the default storage location.
  • Added Camera Lock. Once enabled, if users press the focus/shutter or record button when DJI GO 4 is not running or is running in the background, no photo will be taken or video will be recorded.
  • Added ability to update the built-in DJI GO 4 and DJI Pilot apps independently from the system update.
  • Optimized DJI GO Share. Any photo or video stored in the GO Share folder of the microSD card root directory can be shared to a mobile device using DJI GO Share.
  • Updated DJI GO 4 to v4.3.16.
How to Update

Notes

<crossing fingers> Date issue fixed? Oh you can do it via the radio Settings > System Update EDIT: DO NOT USE RADIO UPDATE it will hang :( you must use the DJI assistant software. Then it will work Thumbswayup

You can only use the DJI assistant. Suggestions
  • download the latest version 2.0.8
  • use the usb cable that came with your radio
  • clear at least 3 GB off your internal storage on the radio
  • remove SD card from radio
  • use usb 2.0 port on your computer

Edit: Dang! 1169 MBs big

Last edited:
ad54d3718f5feba6ade2d78fbe535fdd.jpg

For the moment locked on this screen for about 10 min

Question on updates - can you update from a file vs having to download over the net? When I did an update the other day for the drone itself, it kept failing saying the WiFi disconnected. I have slowish DSL service, so I switched over to my 4G phone as a hot-spot and it was better, but still would disconnect - thankfully it would pick up where it left off on the download....

just thinking I may try and download the SmartController update file from work today and then do an update tonight via the file if that's possible

Reactions: ff22
Question on updates - can you update from a file vs having to download over the net? When I did an update the other day for the drone itself, it kept failing saying the WiFi disconnected. I have slowish DSL service, so I switched over to my 4G phone as a hot-spot and it was better, but still would disconnect - thankfully it would pick up where it left off on the download....

just thinking I may try and download the SmartController update file from work today and then do an update tonight via the file if that's possible
It would be nice if they provided a separate download file that could be loaded directly.

My update is suspiciously hung at 0% for the last 20 mins or so. If I try and go back a page it says "wait for the update to complete" ah... nothing like being on the bleeding edge!

<crossing fingers> Date issue fixed? Oh you can do it via the radio Settings > System Update

Edit: Dang! 1169 MBs big

View attachment 70607
Notes

See the notes - you need to update via DJI Assistant 2

you have to do it with assistant 2, and do it without an SD into the smartcontroller and It works

well no sd card in mine and on latest ass2 as of today and still it dowt work fails at different points in either downloading or updating

What a delicate operation. Using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic V2.07 (don't know where you got 2.08). So far has failed 3 times. When SC is connected to PC and powered on, dialog appears about not enough USB power to charge, cleared that. Next dialog is three choices, Charge Only, Transfer Files or Transfer Photos (PTP). Did not touch that. First 2 times the SC powered off during the download, so update part failed. 3rd time I kept it on by occasionally pressing the power button on the SC, got to the update part then failed at 98%.

here's my experience: (note - i have a solid wifi setup at home, and good throughput up/down)

-- i launched DJI assistant 2 on my Windows PC (i typically use a macbook pro) and my windows PC is hardwired to my router
-- plugged the controller into the USB3.0 port and turned on the SC
-- the SC booted immediately into a "there's a new update, do you wish to update?" note: Assistant 2 still hasn't recognized the device being plugged in and turned on
-- started the download - took approx. 3-5 minutes
-- it then prompted to install and i selected yes
-- install took ~5 minutes, only item to note is it paused @ 56% for less than a minute and jumped to 82%, completed very shortly thereafter
-- next prompt was to update the firmware but i was not given a choice, it was automated
-- rebooted, completed the installation - approx 2-3 minutes
-- rebooted and received the prompt "latest version"
-- then a prompt to set the SD card as the default location, selected yes and it rebooted a final time, functional, update to DJI Go4, firmware confirmed and ready to rock.
-- DJI Assistant 2 will allow me to downgrade to the previous version
-- i have yet to connect it to the drone, an additional controller or perform a test flight - that will probably happen this weekend.

unrelated items:
-- DJI assistant never saw the device - i suspect this is a USB 3.0 thing - CONFIRMED; worked in a USB 2.0 port.
-- i did get prompted for app updates (i have amazon store app loaded)

Reactions: kawartha
What a delicate operation. Using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic V2.07 (don't know where you got 2.08). So far has failed 3 times. When SC is connected to PC and powered on, dialog appears about not enough USB power to charge, cleared that. Next dialog is three choices, Charge Only, Transfer Files or Transfer Photos (PTP). Did not touch that. First 2 times the SC powered off during the download, so update part failed. 3rd time I kept it on by occasionally pressing the power button on the SC, got to the update part then failed at 98%.

i haven't looked at my Mac install but the Windows version was 2.07. you should use a USB 2.0 port (if your PC is older you don't have to worry about this) and selecting 'charge only' will link the device but not attach it as a data bearing device (file transfer); i'm not 100% if this causes an error but in my experience i always select "charge only' when doing updates and have yet to fail on any initial attempt.

my experience (above) did pause @ 56% but after just shy of a minute jumped to 82% and completed quickly thereafter.

lastly - Macs don't like when USB connections are interrupted when it hasn't been "told" ahead of time and that prompt will interrupt the SC (especially at 99%) i just manually reboot the device (SC/Drone/Goggles) and confirm the update completed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini