DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware Update for Crystalsky (V02.05.00.00)

Thanks for all the info guys. I have not experienced the overheating issue. I'd prefer to keep the maps working - I think I'll skip this update.

Reactions: Anthony
Thanks for all the info guys. I have not experienced the overheating issue. I'd prefer to keep the maps working - I think I'll skip this update.
Sure you don't have to update. We still get maps but you wifi/hotspot them. You don't get the online maps.
Maybe you are in your Winter, it's summer here Downunder.
Just keep your eye out for the signs
I never got the heat warning.
Getting hot ?( Put finger on HDMI port )
Fan not coming on ?
Getting hotter ???
Turn of fast because they are toast within 5 mins.
I should know I've fried 3 of them.

good luck Mate

Just wondering will the latest firmware update on the monitor still work with the older Mavic firmware 700.

Thank you for all the above feedback, all. Much appreciated. We have been hearing the same positive feedback from the past couple of days regarding this new FW. Hopefully the overheating issues are behind us. Keep sharing your findings and safe flying!
Do we need to do a full reset after the update? Or just the update? Thanks

After updating last night where my map used to be I get "Mapbox"?....... and scarily in a test flight this evening I get no indication of home point being recorded..... any and all advice welcome!.......;)

Sure you don't have to update. We still get maps but you wifi/hotspot them. You don't get the online maps.
Maybe you are in your Winter, it's summer here Downunder.
Just keep your eye out for the signs
I never got the heat warning.
Getting hot ?( Put finger on HDMI port )
Fan not coming on ?
Getting hotter ???
Turn of fast because they are toast within 5 mins.
I should know I've fried 3 of them.

good luck Mate
Is the over heating issue only on the ultra bright version? I have the 1000 nit 7.85" . Either way, I'm heading to Arizona in a couple months t do a little droning where it will be 95F - so I upgraded to the new firmware. Maps are gone for those of us without a wifi/hotspot.

After updating last night where my map used to be I get "Mapbox"?....... and scarily in a test flight this evening I get no indication of home point being recorded..... any and all advice welcome!.......;)
Still seems to provide the functionality of being able to track the bird's orientation vs your position (on a blank map). So unless you bring a wifi/hotspot, you lose that security of being able to check the homepoint on the map. Will add an extra pucker factor for a disconnect rth. I suspect I will pony up for a hotspot if they don't fix this pretty soon.

Reactions: jesswin and Andyc
I did the update and flew about 10 minutes my ultra felt slightly warm and no fan came on is that normal ?

I found that turning off the video caching, helped. Flew today 5 batteries no notifications.

I to have been turning off settings in the camera settings.
On the weekend I turned off Auto Sync HD
I did 4 batteries in 26c in full sun.
I didn’t go past warm.
The fan did come on as well.
Ps. Also I have audio turned off.

Reactions: cvanhoose
Stupid question but how do I update the Crystal Sky with the latest GO App?

I went to settings and went to update and all it showed me was Version V02.06.03.00 on CS 5.5. I hit the "Check for updates" and it doesn't do anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair