DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware update

rwilliam99

Reactions
Has anyone else noticed the voice on the RC controller is different after that last firmware update? Not just what it said, but the voice is slightly different - still a woman but she sounds different. The words are slightly different as well. It used to the "The Homepoint has been updated" - now it is abbreviated - something like "Homepoint updated". Is it just me? I've only flown once since that update.

Has anyone else noticed the voice on the RC controller is different after that last firmware update? Not just what it said, but the voice is slightly different - still a woman but she sounds different. The words are slightly different as well. It used to the "The Homepoint has been updated" - now it is abbreviated - something like "Homepoint updated". Is it just me? I've only flown once since that update.
Yes. I noticed the change after the previous firmware update.

It's now "Homepoint updated." instead of "Homepoint updated, please check it on the map" (I do still check it.)

I've been trying to sort out what the message is earlier during startup. It sounds like "Approach stage of altitude zone." The last part is definitely "altitude zone," but the first is cryptic. I recorded it and posted it on the web. Can anyone figure it out

Reactions: Joethedrone
@rwilliam99 it is ,approach stage of altitude zone ,and is simply a reference to the fact that where you have chosen to take off from ,there is an altitude zone limitation in the vicinity ,
how far you are from it is another thing altogether

I noticed the new voice too. Message is shorter. It use to be.... "Home point updated. Please check it on the map." Now just "Home point updated" . I do love the new updates with the active cameras on all 4 sides, and the "home point' noted on the controller display.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes. I noticed the change after the previous firmware update.

It's now "Homepoint updated." instead of "Homepoint updated, please check it on the map" (I do still check it.)

I've been trying to sort out what the message is earlier during startup. It sounds like "Approach stage of altitude zone." The last part is definitely "altitude zone," but the first is cryptic. I recorded it and posted it on the web. Can anyone figure it out

I thought it was Chinese

Noticed it immediately

@rwilliam99 it is ,approach stage of altitude zone ,and is simply a reference to the fact that where you have chosen to take off from ,there is an altitude zone limitation in the vicinity ,
how far you are from it is another thing altogether
I suggest you recommend to DJI to use your wording instead of the meaningless gobbledy gook "approach stage of altitude zone".

@RangerEd i am assuming from your post that you mean ( altitude zone in the vicinity)
or maybe (altitude zone nearby please check)

@mobilehomer ,we must be listening to two different messages then ,on my Air 3 it definitely says approach stage of altitude zone, just turned it on, and i got the verbal message, i also got a written message saying caution altitude zone max altitude 1640ft or 500m ,which equates to the hard ceiling of the drone above the take off point ,maybe in a future update, the Air 3 will have the same ability as the Mavic 3 pro to double that ceiling to 1000m who knows

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1