DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware V 01.00.0860

What an immature statement.

Some of us own multiple drones and using the SC for all of them just makes sense
I am more attached to my SC than to my Mini. I don't really need a Mini2, it can do nothing that my MA2 cannot do. If it worked with the SC I would reconsider though, due to usability-factor.
If not, no Mini2 for me.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I've had the Fly Spots option in DJI Fly for Android since getting my Mavic Air 2, however it doesn't seem to offer any locations in the USA. It might be only functional in the Chinese market from what I can tell.

I've had the Fly Spots option in DJI Fly for Android since getting my Mavic Air 2, however it doesn't seem to offer any locations in the USA. It might be only functional in the Chinese market from what I can tell.
Hopefully that will change with complying with the new RID requirements.
If the AC isn't equipped with RID, and you don't want to tack on a module, here's where you can fly.

Went to do something this morning on SC and got the prompt on the new update (OTA)...not going to do it (President Bush voice).. I can find no info on this new firmware (DJI...ect).....anyone????:oops: on screen it just says on details...Improves overall stability... I mean... What? Mine is already "Stable". Thought for sure it might have been Mini 2.

Well crap...taking a hit for the team...updating now OTA.

My Sequence:

Download went smooth...short hang at 99% 2(ish) minutes
Install hung at 16% for about 4 minutes
Install hung at 98% for about 2 minutes
Screen Message: Firmware Updating, Checking the Package, going to reboot (Or to that effect)
Reboot...seemed to be New DJI Screen? Had a swish of blue swirl/shadow...Kind of like sunflare?
Multiple screen resets with a load bar (About 3-4)
Reboot to home screen
Zero errors for me using OTA (Not Asst 2)..went through first time, note it says you MUST have more than 3 gigs empty....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED by DJI this time newbs :p

What I have found so far:

As mentioned Fly App update 1.2.2
Go 4 version 4.3.36 (Don't know if that changed?)
Some new program called "Fly Spots". Which appears user based for "us guys" to use global maps to relay to other users POI's..in our areas..kinda like Litchi does I guess?
I now have a little white block in opening screen, top left corner that I have no idea? I thought it was a system message but does nothing when I press it..any help with that one?

So yeah, will update on this thread if I find anything new.
Thanks for this and for your service.

Has anyone tried the M2P since the SC update. An earlier FW that added the MA2 to the SC worked well with the MA2, but then caused a lost link with the M2P at shorter distances. There was an earlier post but no one in that post found a solution. Have not flown my M2P since due to the disconnect issue.

Actually only 2 batteries..I couldn't get it to request the download for the third battery. I'll have to keep trying
the battery you used to do the drone’s FW update would have been updated during that process, but it doesn’t tell you that it has been done.

Reactions: vaderbloke
Has anyone tried the M2P since the SC update. An earlier FW that added the MA2 to the SC worked well with the MA2, but then caused a lost link with the M2P at shorter distances. There was an earlier post but no one in that post found a solution. Have not flown my M2P since due to the disconnect issue.
I never experienced this issue with the last firmware. Both my M2P and MA2 flew fine, so I’m not sure everyone had that issue.

Reactions: Coskier
Went to do something this morning on SC and got the prompt on the new update (OTA)...not going to do it (President Bush voice).. I can find no info on this new firmware (DJI...ect).....anyone????:oops: on screen it just says on details...Improves overall stability... I mean... What? Mine is already "Stable". Thought for sure it might have been Mini 2.

My Sequence:

Screen Message: Firmware Updating, Checking the Package, going to reboot (Or to that effect)
Reboot...seemed to be New DJI Screen? Had a swish of blue swirl/shadow...Kind of like sunflare?
Reboot to home screen
Zero errors for me using OTA (Not Asst 2)..went through first time, note it says you MUST have more than 3 gigs empty....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED by DJI this time newbs :p

Some new program called "Fly Spots". Which appears user based for "us guys" to use global maps to relay to other users POI's..in our areas..kinda like Litchi does I guess?
I now have a little white block in opening screen, top left corner that I have no idea? I thought it was a system message but does nothing when I press it..any help with that one?

I’m staying away from all future updates. One of these times dji is going to pull a sneaky one and slide in more restrictions. I’m still scared when they took out the “rollback” feature.

My Sequence:

Reboot to home screen

Updated mine with no problems! Love what you wrote!

There are two virtues of the Mini2 that MA2 doesn't support. Super quiet flight and 2X to 4X zoom, both are very handy for animal shots.

You are right about the noise, but maybe a bit too optimistic about it?
When it comes to zoom you have 4x dynamic zoom with the MA2 and SC, using the right hand wheel.. so...

When it comes to zoom you have 4x dynamic zoom with the MA2 and SC, using the right hand wheel.. so...
I didn't know that, but I don't have an MA2. The DJI website says no zoom available on the MA2. I guess it's wrong.

1609620369932.png

I noticed the advantage of less noise with birds in my river shots, compared to my M2Z, which I have lots of experience. I can get much closer to birds with the Mini2, and other animals too. You can try this yourself if you have a lake or river nearby, maybe with small birds, ducks or geese. Try to get shots like mine up close with your MA2. It's pretty amazing how the Mini2 allows closer proximity to animals before they get spooked. I think it's not only the low noise, but the smaller size that appears less intimidating, plus harder to see.

Reactions: Crashdummytest
Thanks Repaid 1. Tried the update and had multiple fails at 16%. Recalled something from another thread about not trying to update with an SD card installed. Removed the card and the update went through as you described.
My experience:
Started the download to the SC. It was at 13 - 14% when I remembered I was supposed to remove the SD card. Well, being as I was that far along I just let it run. Went past 16% with no hesitation. Took a couple of minutes (no more than that) to get past 98%.

Did the Install. It did seem to "hold" at 16% but only for a couple of minutes. Finished with no problem.

Powered up the AC, paired to the SC. Message said it was upgrading the AC firmware to V01.00.0511. Took a few minutes, then all was done and well. Turned off the AC and the SC.

I still have the original controller so I powered it up and powered up the AC, as I want to keep both controllers up to date. Message said it was updating the MA2 firmware to 02.00.1200. What??? Update successful, shut everything off.

So can anyone tell me why I got two (2) separate updates for the AC? Is either one going to affect the other?

Also, I never did see anything about updating the batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929