DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware . . . v01.03.0800

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have the app there at the start of the flight, you don't have to use it for the flight, and you can safely disconnect the phone/tablet once the aircraft is powered up, but yes, if you do not connect the phone/tablet at all and just try to fly with the controller you will be restricted.
What your saying is what DJI said from the beginning of all this BS -- They are continuing with there original agender to where they couldn't give us a yes or no answer --- Now people will find out after the facts ---- What a bunch of BS on DJI's part

894d2873d4198314a281df8e5dc15bb9.jpg

Nothing changes as far as my favorite location to fly. I read from other forums after the upgrade last week someone expriences a 20 km NFZ. I ask him why is it im not affected by the Nfz since im just 8kms away from an airport but that was last week but now that i upgraded it today by this "new" or "maybe the dreaded update" still nothing changes from my present location

What your saying is what DJI said from the beginning of all this BS -- They are continuing with there original agender to where they couldn't give us a yes or no answer --- Now people will find out after the facts ---- What a bunch of BS on DJI's part

Not sure what was ambiguous in my reply, the aircraft needs to see an app that has been properly activated.

Not sure why this is seen as a major issue?

You don't need an internet connection, you don't even need to be using the DJI app as long as the 3rd party app is using the current SDK.

Outside of China the requirements are very light indeed.

The only use case that I see being affected is anyone who doesn't use an app at all, and I'm not sure right now why anyone would want to fly that way?

Not sure what was ambiguous in my reply, the aircraft needs to see an app that has been properly activated.

Not sure why this is seen as a major issue?

You don't need an internet connection, you don't even need to be using the DJI app as long as the 3rd party app is using the current SDK.

Outside of China the requirements are very light indeed.

The only use case that I see being affected is anyone who doesn't use an app at all, and I'm not sure right now why anyone would want to fly that way?
I was just saying you mentioned what DJI was claiming to do all along nothing you said was ambiguous to me but it was to others I'm sure

I so sorry that I bought the mavic pro
Dji had lost one customer for the googles
I will never buy something from them again and I hope many people do same as me

No offense intended, but when one person has so many problems over and over with something and gazillions of others do not, it tends to point to the person as doing something wrong, not problems/bugs with the product.

In contrast to your experience, I've never had a single issue using Assistant 2, same experience as many.

I think I'm not the only one having problems with *each* FW upgrade: only on this board, there are many threads talking about people *not wanting* to upgrade at all! :)

I really don't see where there would be a problem when all you have to do it plug a drone in a USB port, and click on "upgrade" on the "button" that's in front of you.

Well... in fact, I see: the DJI servers are so ****** that if you're sort of remote on the globe, it's gona be some kind of hell when they *force* you to upgrade.

Just downloaded the app. Flew up to 100 feet not in app and it restricts my ceiling to 100 feet. It also restricts my flight out to 150 feet. Max height and max radius reached. I simply plugged my iPhone cable into the controller running the app for 5 seconds and then disconnected the iPhone cable from the controller. It allowed me to now fly above 100 feet and past 150 radius without the app.

I then landed and took off again with no app on. It lets me bypass 100 foot and 150 foot limits without the app on. The only way to re instate the limits is to shut the quad and radio off and restart it.

Good luck

Just downloaded the app. Flew up to 100 feet not in app and it restricts my ceiling to 100 feet. It also restricts my flight out to 150 feet. Max height and max radius reached. I simply plugged my iPhone cable into the controller running the app for 5 seconds and then disconnected the iPhone cable from the controller. It allowed me to now fly above 100 feet and past 150 radius without the app.

I then landed and took off again with no app on. It lets me bypass 100 foot and 150 foot limits without the app on. The only way to re instate the limits is to shut the quad and radio off and restart it.

Behaving as expected then it seems...

It's still not clear to me- if we are ONLY flying with the RC controller, will there be crippling flight restrictions once the Mavic is upgraded to .800 ?

This was a feature of the Mavic that they used as a selling point. The fact that you could fly it even if you did not own a mobile device, They never included an "Asterisks" to indicate the range was limited without the mobile device.

Rob

I think I'm not the only one having problems with *each* FW upgrade: only on this board, there are many threads talking about people *not wanting* to upgrade at all! :)

I really don't see where there would be a problem when all you have to do it plug a drone in a USB port, and click on "upgrade" on the "button" that's in front of you.

Well... in fact, I see: the DJI servers are so ****** that if you're sort of remote on the globe, it's gona be some kind of **** when they *force* you to upgrade.
I agree, it seems pretty simple, so it's interesting that a small handful of people seem to have problems all the time.

I think you suggested probably where the issue is -- internet connection. Don't know what sort of ISP you have, but if you're out in the mountains or something with a crappy, slow ISP, that could explain it.

Fact is though, the vast majority of people have no issues at all, so that suggests something unique to your (and the handful of others) that consistently experience problems, not some sort of general bug in Assistant 2.

We just don't know yet what differs about your circumstance that causes it. It could be something as surprising as a board rev in the Mavic. Do you know your build date?

This was a feature of the Mavic that they used as a selling point. The fact that you could fly it even if you did not own a mobile device, They never included an "Asterisks" to indicate the range was limited without the mobile device.
Sigh.

It's not, unless you, on your own volition, choose to modify what you bought and update the firmware. The T&C you must agree to before DJI will transmit the new firmware to you explicitly spells out changes in the functionality with this new programming, and you have the chance to decide not to accept those changes and stay with your original firmware.

So no asterisks are necessary, just as they aren't for other functional changes in new firmware that you like.

... and if that is important to you then don't upgrade to the new firmware.

I think I'm not the only one having problems with *each* FW upgrade
But there are many of us who never had an issue...
Of course it's down to some specific conditions. Of course all you see on here is the few people who gathered because they had an issue, not the other 95% for whom everything works right.

Prior to this update I was able to fly in my neighborhood. After the update it is now a NFZ (technically on the edge of Class D airspace) and I cannot even takeoff. Plan to downgrade tonight and hope that will fix the problem....
Wow, that's pretty definitive. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: jcp411
Sigh.

It's not, unless you, on your own volition, choose to modify what you bought and update the firmware. The T&C you must agree to before DJI will transmit the new firmware to you explicitly spells out changes in the functionality with this new programming, and you have the chance to decide not to accept those changes and stay with your original firmware.

So no asterisks are necessary, just as they aren't for other functional changes in new firmware that you like.

Sigh!
You failed to understand the point.
You are talking about existing owners. What happens to the person who buys a Mavic a month from now with the new firmware already installed?

Sigh!
You failed to understand the point.
You are talking about existing owners. What happens to the person who buys a Mavic a month from now with the new firmware already installed?
They have a minor complaint if DJI hasn't updated their marketing material and other collateral.

However, I'll bet they have, and that "feature" is no longer listed.

... and if that is important to you then don't upgrade to the new firmware.
Hi, new flyer here
Have only done fw upgrade once, the day i got my mavic, so i was very excited and forgot about all the process, here are the questions
1. Can we be forever stay offline before fly, so that the app never know that there is new firmware on their server (currently on DJIgo4 v4.1 with fw. 700)
I read somewhere in this forum that dji app require login every few month?
2. If the app offer the fw upgrade, can we decline it?

Reactions: jcp411
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone