DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New From New Mexico

i knew those roads when i was young our house was the only one by the last pipe line across it is still there but surrounded by a wrecking yard it looks like on chrome,about six miles south of the jarales post office

Reactions: mrjohnc1
i knew those roads when i was young our house was the only one by the last pipe line across it is still there but surrounded by a wrecking yard it looks like on chrome,about six miles south of the jarales post office

Hello Dave:

I looked over Google Earth and wasn’t sure I could find your old place? “Surrounded by a wrecking yard”? Hey, this is Valencia County and those wrecks are somebody’s treasures! Six miles S of the post office gets down on the east west road from Bosque (just W of the railroad tracks) across the river to old Hwy 6 (now 304) on the east side. Were you that far south? If you’d like some photos of your old place just let me know and I’ll get some the next time I pass by (assuming I can find it!).

Howard

Hello Dave:

I looked over Google Earth and wasn’t sure I could find your old place? “Surrounded by a wrecking yard”? Hey, this is Valencia County and those wrecks are somebody’s treasures! Six miles S of the post office gets down on the east west road from Bosque (just W of the railroad tracks) across the river to old Hwy 6 (now 304) on the east side. Were you that far south? If you’d like some photos of your old place just let me know and I’ll get some the next time I pass by (assuming I can find it!).

Howard
no its not that cool but it was a cool old house as i remember 18 in adobe walls and high pitched tin roof with dormers each side and i believe on one end it was different and surrounded by cotton woods It is the only house left in that area from 50 years ago wow how time flies i,m 65 now moved to magdalena at 15 it dosen,t look lived in who ever bought the property put a house where the barn was boring huh , im pretty sure the builder had to be german or something close with southwest building matterails , its diffently not mexican design lol but thanks anyway i,m thirty minutes away how is the flying going? Airdata UAV|Drone Safety Verified Badge

Hello Dave:

Thanks for the description - it sounds like a structure I recall from some rides - I’ll look for it next pass.

Flying is going well. We live on a slight bluff above the bosque & Rio Grande (sandy Arroyo Grande these days!). I can take nice flights out over the cottonwoods & up & down the river bed while maintaining a great VLOS.

Recently I’ve been driving out east to the western foothills of the Manzanos and flying from a piece of property we own in Tierra Grande - no structures for miles and the mountainous 14,000 acre + Tierra Grande open space behind. It takes 4x4 to reach a small shelf at about 6,500’ where I launch. To the west the world drops away for 1,000 feet and the plains sweep west for miles to Ladron Peak (and Magdalena to the WSW!). To the east the Manzanos rise up to 10,000’ within a couple miles without roads or structures. Great “mountain” flying. Learning a lot and getting cautiously comfortable with the MA2.

Main problem is lack of video editing techniques to turn gigabytes of video into something as fun to watch as it was to record. Most of my previous imagery work involved stills and I can futz about in Photoshop a bit. Struggling with Premire Pro’s workflow and interface....

Howard

Hello Dave:

Thanks for the description - it sounds like a structure I recall from some rides - I’ll look for it next pass.

Flying is going well. We live on a slight bluff above the bosque & Rio Grande (sandy Arroyo Grande these days!). I can take nice flights out over the cottonwoods & up & down the river bed while maintaining a great VLOS.

Recently I’ve been driving out east to the western foothills of the Manzanos and flying from a piece of property we own in Tierra Grande - no structures for miles and the mountainous 14,000 acre + Tierra Grande open space behind. It takes 4x4 to reach a small shelf at about 6,500’ where I launch. To the west the world drops away for 1,000 feet and the plains sweep west for miles to Ladron Peak (and Magdalena to the WSW!). To the east the Manzanos rise up to 10,000’ within a couple miles without roads or structures. Great “mountain” flying. Learning a lot and getting cautiously comfortable with the MA2.

Main problem is lack of video editing techniques to turn gigabytes of video into something as fun to watch as it was to record. Most of my previous imagery work involved stills and I can futz about in Photoshop a bit. Struggling with Premire Pro’s workflow and interface....

Howard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan