DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New from SC USA

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you for your acceptance. Thanks to all of you. I may want to get with someone here in SC for some on-the-job training. Best way to learn I think. I’m happy to watch and not be a pest. Well I’ll try anyway.

For now I only fly around our 27ac horse farm. There’s plenty here to keep me busy. Haven’t hit the ground yet but managed to shred one of my wife’s flowers. I’ve logged about 37 hours so far, and probably won’t be competent until maybe 300. Hopefully I can get there without causing much trouble. Once in awhile I fly up and look around at the neighborhood. Man, what a view. Being deer season and all, I’m afraid to leave the property and possibly getting winged.

Ive had a few offers to leave the premises lately. A local polo club wants me to video some of their meets just for fun. Naw, not ready yet, but sounds like fun. So thanks again mavicpilots. I’ve learned much from past posts, and I look ahead for your help with things. As suggested above, I will fly as safe as I know how. That is after all, the best advice.

Hi Bruce and welcome...kind of the same history here...I flew until about 35 years ago ..I owned a share in a Piper Tripacer, that we lost in Hurricane Gloria in 1985 ( could never afford it now) ..now at age 70 ...fooling around with flying drones ...there seems to be a lot of guys around our age on here...... have fun with your Mini2
Hello Mark. Man, a Tripacer. What a classic and beautiful ole bird. I learned on a Piper Cherokee 160D, 5253 Whiskey, I remember it well. The low wing Piper doesn’t have good views down below, but still thrilling for a teenager. I started ground school at 13, soloed at 14, and licensed at 15. Took me awhile, high school and all. I flew before I could drive. I must say, flying the drone is just as exciting as fixed wing, maybe more so. And, I’m alive after a crash. That’s worth a coffee at Starbucks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose