DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New FW Mavic 3 upgrade/downgrade 0900 - read first

Watched it but it does not show how to use it. If you try yawing and ascending or descending, you will only be able to set speed, no where can I find how to set direction. That should be something like tap to fly
You start the ascending orbit manually with the sticks, and then just hit the Cruise Speed icon. It should then maintain the vertical and horizontal speeds on the RC display as it orbits around and up. The direction is set by your position of the sticks when you tap the Cruise Speed icon, as is the speed in every direction in space.

To all that are excited to upgrade their Mavic 3 to the latest 0900 firmware, please note that you cannot downgrade again, even via dronehacks. Dji has changed the anit-rollback value this time to a 2 so it makes it impossible to roll back. You can still downgrade the RC Pro if you want, just not the drone. Going to fly now and will report how the new FW works
What exactly does Cruise Control do?

What exactly does Cruise Control do?
Yeah I wonder as well.

When I do hyper lapses on my M2P, I can set the speed the drone moves as it takes shots, in terms of meters per second or something like that.

That's what it sounds like, to keep speeds constant in certain automated modes?

You start the ascending orbit manually with the sticks, and then just hit the Cruise Speed icon. It should then maintain the vertical and horizontal speeds on the RC display as it orbits around and up. The direction is set by your position of the sticks when you tap the Cruise Speed icon, as is the speed in every direction in space.
Tried that and I cannot get it to work, drone breaks abruptly

Tried that and I cannot get it to work, drone breaks abruptly
There must be a way to do a Cruise Control corkscrew, as depicted in the DJI video promoting the feature. However, I gave poor directions. After manually starting an ascending orbit around a tall structure from the base, you press the dedicated Cruise button on the remote to "set" the vertical and horizontal speeds, and it takes over. Pressing on the Cruise icon on the screen stops the Cruise mode, as you found out.

Another way to test Cruise capability is to start a manual pull-away dronie while ascending and flying away from yourself. Then press your dedicated Cruise button on the remote. It will maintain both the horizontal and the vertical speed displayed on the screen in the lower left, and fly away at a smooth glide path until cancelled, for a cool reveal shot!

From the manual:

Cruise Control The Cruise Control function enables the aircraft to lock the current control stick input of the remote control when conditions permit. Fly at the speed corresponding to the current control stick input without continually using control stick movements, and also supports more camera movements such as spiraling up by increasing the control stick input.

Using Cruise Control

1. Set the Cruise Control Button

Go to DJI Fly, select System Settings, Control, and then set the C1 or C2 button of the DJI RC remote controller or the Fn button of the RC-N1 remote controller to Cruise Control.​
2. Enter Cruise Control
Push the control stick in any direction and press the Cruise Control button simultaneously. According to the control stick input, the aircraft will fly at the current speed. The control stick can be released and will automatically return to the center. Before the control stick returns to the center, press the Cruise Control button again, and the aircraft will reset the flight speed based on the current control stick input. Push the control stick after it returns to the center, and the aircraft will fly at the increased speed based on the previous speed. In this case, press the Cruise Control button again, and the aircraft will fly at the increased speed.​
3. Exit Cruise Control
Press the Cruise Control button without a control stick input, flight pause button of the remote controller, or disable Cruise Control to exit cruise control.​

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Here's a new tutorial, still written in cut and pasted "Chinglish" from the manual.
Summarily, "Essentially, when conditions permit, the drone can lock the current control stick input of the remote control. At the same time, the feature also supports more camera movements such as spiraling up by increasing the control stick input."

So, spiraling up or down/corkscrewing around a tall structure is fully supported by the new Cruise Control!

Last edited:
Watched it but it does not show how to use it. If you try yawing and ascending or descending, you will only be able to set speed, no where can I find how to set direction. That should be something like tap to fly
The cruise control will literally hold whatever input you have on the drone when you trigger it. Tried on orbit (sideways plus yaw), curve flight, straight, etc... Have not attempted during ascent or descent yet.

The cruise control will literally hold whatever input you have on the drone when you trigger it. Tried on orbit (sideways plus yaw), curve flight, straight, etc... Have not attempted during ascent or descent yet.
One press to activate it, and another press to set it, from the description?

More importantly you can then make adjustments to the Cruise Control on the fly, to fine tune it.

"Push the control stick again after it returns to the center, and the aircraft will fly at the increased speed based on the previous speed. In this case, press the Cruise Control button again, and the aircraft will fly at the increased speed/direction."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147