DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new Go4 App update

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
there is a new update for the GO4 App , IOS version 40.3.46 to be compatible with the recent IOS 15 ,updates that have been coming thick and fast recently

Reactions: dirkclod
there is a new update for the GO4 App , IOS version 40.3.46 to be compatible with the recent IOS 15 ,updates that have been coming thick and fast recently
HMMM I wonder if that means the upcoming M3 will have the go for app, I would love it

Interesting, though I doubt the Mavic 3 is going to use Go 4.. they would have more then likely waited till it reportedly ships in a couple weeks if it were. IMHO..

IOS 15 must have caused some interesting issues for Go 4 to do an update.. Though I don't think I noted anyone reporting anything here.

Does it add new features OMM?
I just downloaded it and I didn’t notice anything new on the app and there was very little information given on the notice

Does it add new features OMM?
as far as i can tell its to do with the new IOS15 which is now in use, i believe there was conflict with the GO4 App and that update

@Mavic Maxwell ever since I have been flying ,I have always kept my screen device and the App up to date
doing this has always been a success, and i have always kept the drones firmware up to date,
i know that there will be others who will disagree with my method ,and that is their decision
to make

as far as i can tell its to do with the new IOS15 which is now in use, i believe there was conflict with the GO4 App and that update

Good to know they are at least supporting GO4 for new phone / device updates.
I don't think we'll see anything new other than that.
Can't imagine new drone models will use anything but the Fly app, but you never know with the larger Mavics like the M3.

Reactions: old man mavic
there were a couple of discussion videos on YT where they were speculating that the update was because of the new Mavic 3 coming out soon
they were saying that they thought that the Mavic 3 was going to use the GO4 APP
they said this was because the Fly App was simpler and targeted at consumer drones
and the GO4 APP had more features and was better suited to the Mavic 3,as it was more of a prosumer style drone and that the fly App would not have the capabilities to exploit all the extra camera settings etc.
i am only saying, what the so called experts were saying ,and we will find out soon enough

Reactions: dirkclod
Regardless of the status of the M3, the GO4 App needs to add topographic data for waypoint missions. If a 3rd-party app like Litchi can have this very valuable feature, then DJI has no excuse not to use it.

Not all of us live in Kansas or northern Indiana, so we need that vital information on terrain elevation to plan our waypoint missions. Get on this, DJI.

Also, increase the maximum speed to 32 MPH for waypoint missions since Litchi and Maven already have this. I realize the current 18 MPH is for "safety" but that is just a lame excuse probably concocted by your lawyers for corporate liability sake.

Last edited:
Just checked, no Android update (yet?) So there must not be any new features to the iOS version either. Likely just some iOS 15 compatibility changes.

there were a couple of discussion videos on YT where they were speculating that the update was because of the new Mavic 3 coming out soon
they were saying that they thought that the Mavic 3 was going to use the GO4 APP
they said this was because the Fly App was simpler and targeted at consumer drones
and the GO4 APP had more features and was better suited to the Mavic 3,as it was more of a prosumer style drone and that the fly App would not have the capabilities to exploit all the extra camera settings etc.
i am only saying, what the so called experts were saying ,and we will find out soon enough

Be good to see GO4 get long standing support with M3 intro, that’s for sure.
Suppose the apps will keep working ok if loaded onto devices, but with an app guarantee device upgrades are covered.
I suppose DJI still have lightbridge and older GO apps still available for older models like Phantoms ?
Not sure there, GO appears on the DJI app download age, but not lightbridge.

I wonder if the Pilot app(s) is more of a potential for the M3 though ?
It is the standard for the newer commercial drones.

Reactions: umanbean
@Mavic Maxwell ever since I have been flying ,I have always kept my screen device and the App up to date
doing this has always been a success, and i have always kept the drones firmware up to date,
i know that there will be others who will disagree with my method ,and that is their decision
to make
Thats true OMM, Ive been flying for years and have never updated anything and always fly the same without problems. I'm not saying it doesn't help anything, but I've heard so many complaints after updating I just avoid it for now.

I suppose DJI still have lightbridge and older GO apps still available for older models like Phantoms ?
Not sure there, GO appears on the DJI app download age, but not lightbridge.
My Phantom is a P3 Pro and doesn't use go4, so I can't test this theory, but:

Lightbridge and ocusync are radio communication protocols between the RC and the AC... so it seems it wouldn't matter which version of the app is used?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS