DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New guy - question about charging

I got the Platinum with the fly more combo. Mostly wanted spare parts and extra batteries. Some of the included items are not very useful, but many are. I'm not using the blade guards, joy stick protector, LED light for the landing pad, back pack, VR Googles, Sun Shade (won't fit my S8+), range extender or landing gear but the rest of the stuff is all good.

I must admit I was surprised that the gang charger would only charge one battery at a time. But, I still use it.

I may yet use some of the other stuff, but for now, it's back in the box.

Hey guys. Ended up getting the Mavic Pro. Wanted the Platinum but B&H had a sale on the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for $950. Couldn’t pass it up. Hope I made the right choice.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
You made a good choice and will have fun with the Mavic Pro. Three batteries is a perfect start. One battery would have been a disapointment

Reactions: MasterOfPuppets
It really depends on how annoying you find the sound of the Mavic Pro. I've been quite impressed with how pleasant the MPP sounds in flight compared to non-MPP airframes.

Reactions: tegrevboy
@ErikDF - I looked at it but just doesn’t interest me much.

Just_Nick - I have thought about it but my guess is it’s gonna cost more than I want to spend. I’d like to get one before it warms up here in MI. Maybe when the “2” comes out the prices of the Mavic and MPP will drop?
I am with you MOP, I am going to be getting the MPP next week. I have been reading a lot and the MP2 is not expected to come out until later this year as the MPP just came out in August last year and given the track record of DJI releasing product on the back half of the year.

It is a good idea to just get the drone and then slowly select the other items you want.

I agree completely. I bought a MPP fly more combo. Two thumbs up on the MPP, now for the BUT

After time I bought a hard case, the small soft case is OK but I like the hard case better for the traveling I do.

The battery charger is OK but it charges in series (when one battery is done charging, the next battery starts to charge) I replaced it with a Powerextra DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum. It charges all batteries at the same time (saves time).

If you are trying to get the best bang for your buck,the combo is good. What floats my boat may not float yours.

Larry

Hey guys. Ended up getting the Mavic Pro. Wanted the Platinum but B&H had a sale on the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for $950. Couldn’t pass it up. Hope I made the right choice.
I have Platinum fly more, to be honest, I am not sure there is a huge difference between the two: newer props leading to lower RPM = slower battery discharge rate by maybe like 10%. Trust me, most of the time Mavic will be in your hands before battery reaches 15%, so those 10% percent does not make much of a difference. What you need is batteries, 4 of them will be just enough to accumulate 1 fully charged controller.

Welcome to the fam =) and enjoy your Mavic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998