DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New guy - question about charging

MasterOfPuppets

Reactions
Hi everyone. New guy here. Am really looking into buying a Mavic Pro Platinum. I flew my brothers Phantom 4 and it got me hooked on these drones . I’ve been flying a “toy” for a while practicing now I’m ready to get something good. I think anyway lol.

I was wondering, if I didn’t get the fly more combo, is there still a way to charge the batteries and remote without the accessories that comes with that particular bundle?

My plan for now is to just buy the drone and an extra battery.

Also, without starting a debate, is the platinum worth spending the extra $100 or would I still be getting a pretty good one saving the $100 and going with the regular Mavic Pro?

Thanks everyone

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

if I didn’t get the fly more combo, is there still a way to charge the batteries and remote without the accessories that comes with that particular bundle?
The included charger is only able to charge one Mavic battery at a time (and the remote controller too).

Hi everyone. New guy here. Am really looking into buying a Mavic Pro Platinum. I flew my brothers Phantom 4 and it got me hooked on these drones . I’ve been flying a “toy” for a while practicing now I’m ready to get something good. I think anyway lol.

I was wondering, if I didn’t get the fly more combo, is there still a way to charge the batteries and remote without the accessories that comes with that particular bundle?

My plan for now is to just buy the drone and an extra battery.

Also, without starting a debate, is the platinum worth spending the extra $100 or would I still be getting a pretty good one saving the $100 and going with the regular Mavic Pro?

Thanks everyone
Howdy from Wyoming @MasterOfPuppets , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. The basic package does come with one battery and a charger.

It is a good idea to just get the drone and then slowly select the other items you want. I did that and was pleased with the individual items I got rather than have them all pre-selected in a package. As for the Pro vs Platinum comparison, there are numerous threads here you can read rather than start a new one which compare them in detail. Do as much reading and watch as many YouTube videos on the Mavic topics as you can before your "toy" arrives and you'll be well-prepared. The search bar on this forum is very handy, too.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Keep an eye on Craigslist, I got a brand new dji bag, battery, props, and charger for 120 bux.

After consulting with my friends EnterSandman and Hardwired we all agree that the Platinum is well worth the extra hundie. Thumbswayup

After consulting with my friends EnterSandman and Hardwired we all agree that the Platinum is well worth the extra hundie. Thumbswayup

You mean, Hardwired to SELF DESTRUCT?! (Love that song!)

I think im dialing in on the MPP.

Something I forgot to ask is how does the DJI warranty work when u buy from Amazon? Found a deal on there $1025 for the drone/remote/battery/charger/ 3 pairs of props/SD card and $79 for battery. Might jump on that if warranty still applies.

Reactions: lolo780
Now I’m hearing there’s issues with the Mavic and the iPhone 8 Plus. Not sure i wanna drop the money if it’s gonna give me headaches all day.

I do not want to make it more complicated for you but have you thought about Mavic Air?

I have both aircraft and the Platinum is definitely worth it. Get the basic kit, spare battery and 5 in 1 charger. Add batteries as needed. (I have six)

Reactions: joejaxvic123
@ErikDF - I looked at it but just doesn’t interest me much.

Just_Nick - I have thought about it but my guess is it’s gonna cost more than I want to spend. I’d like to get one before it warms up here in MI. Maybe when the “2” comes out the prices of the Mavic and MPP will drop?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998