DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW GUY TRYING TO FIGURE THIS THING OUT!

garyinreno

Reactions
Im trying to work the bugs out of a used Mavic Pro. I would appreciate some kindness as I got my but chewed on another forum.
Its coming up with this message..
Allow access to external storage and location services so the dji app can save photos, videos and flight records files to editor and display your location on the map.

Paint me Dumb gentlemen, but I have no clue what to do about this.

Thank you.

Allow access to external storage and location services so the dji app can save photos, videos and flight records files to editor and display your location on the map.
The DJI app needs to be able to save flight data etc on your phone or tablet.
Did the message have a tick box or similar to allow this?

Im trying to work the bugs out of a used Mavic Pro. I would appreciate some kindness as I got my but chewed on another forum.
Its coming up with this message..

Paint me Dumb gentlemen, but I have no clue what to do about this.

Thank you.
I think you need to go to settings on your phone and look for permissions. Look for the dji app in permissions and click on it. Then give it permissions to open external storage and location services.

...Its coming up with this message...
Allow access to external storage and location services

...have no clue what to do about this.
You can give these permissions outside the DJI app if you want ...

If you have an Android device do as below ... (should be something similar if you have a iOS)

1. Go to your device settings
2. Go to Apps sub menu
3. Scroll until you find the DJI GO4 app & click on it
4. Find the App Permission sub menu & click on it
5. Mark below permissions as allowed

1648460084439.png

Reactions: badcooky
I had the same problem. I found out that all I had to do was turn on the location service, which I usually have off to save battery

Reactions: Riker
I had the same problem. I found out that all I had to do was turn on the location service, which I usually have off to save battery
I don't even know how to thank you. I struggled with it for a few days. Thank you very much!!!

You can also control some settings to only allow access when using the app. DJI Fly lets you do this for location but oddly not for audio.

Good to know, thanks. I will finally be able to fly a drone, on my phone - Android 12 / S10. DJI never ceases to surprise me. How could such a company lead Google to remove their app from the store....

DJI never ceases to surprise me. How could such a company lead Google to remove their app from the store....
It was the US government putting pressure on Google to make things difficult for DJI and a number of other companies.

It was the US government putting pressure on Google to make things difficult for DJI and a number of other companies.
How can you say that? :D The US version is like DJI and Huawei want to spy on the US Gv. :)
Here, in Europe, we have another weird politicians that are see us like bombers, not drone users. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54