DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New guy with questions

It seems you are correct. The Fire HD 8 is a 32bit device. Why did they do this? FSM only knows.
That puts a large damper on a potential Air 2S....:(
Don't lose site of the fact that the Fire line of tablets is intended to be used for books, music, etc. that you buy on Amazon. It does not pretend to be a full blown Android based tablet, even if you unlock it.

Maybe @KennethH (post #17) will have success with his new 7" Fire HD and let us know.

Don't lose site of the fact that the Fire line of tablets is intended to be used for books, music, etc. that you buy on Amazon. It does not pretend to be a full blown Android based tablet, even if you unlock it.

Maybe @KennethH (post #17) will have success with his new 7" Fire HD and let us know.
Oh, absolutely.

I bought it only after verifying that I could get it working with my current UAV, the HolyStone.
It does that job admirably.

And it was cheap....$45.

DJI fly isn't your only option. Litchi will work on any device and is a full replacement for DJI fly. I use Litchi exclusively.
There is also Rainbow.

That goes back a ways. I gave the Fire to my wife to replace her ancient tablet. Thought she might like Alexa. I don't think she's taken it out of the box yet. The Galaxy Tab A7 Lite has worked out perfectly for use with DJI Fly and the Mini 2. The key seems to be that the CPU of the tablet needs to be 64 bit. If DJI Fly will load onto the tablet, it seems to work.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78