DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New here from Kansas

Frazzy

Reactions
I bought a Mavic Pro Fly More a few days ago. I had watched a lot of youtube videos and finally decided to take the plunge. As far as I know I am the only one in my immediate area to have a drone, living in farm country and a town population under 1k.

Finally got the courage to fire it up and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to fly. I flew r/c airplanes some about 15 years ago, so was familiar with the quad coming towards me, the left/right being backwards. What amazed me most was that it would hover in a spot just by letting go of the sticks.

60 years old, and maybe not the quickest learner on the block with this new tech, so will probably have the dumb questions and "what's that mean" posted before too long.

Thanks to all of you.

Reactions: dirkclod
I bought a Mavic Pro Fly More a few days ago. I had watched a lot of youtube videos and finally decided to take the plunge. As far as I know I am the only one in my immediate area to have a drone, living in farm country and a town population under 1k.

Finally got the courage to fire it up and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to fly. I flew r/c airplanes some about 15 years ago, so was familiar with the quad coming towards me, the left/right being backwards. What amazed me most was that it would hover in a spot just by letting go of the sticks.

60 years old, and maybe not the quickest learner on the block with this new tech, so will probably have the dumb questions and "what's that mean" posted before too long.

Thanks to all of you.
Howdy from Wyoming Frazzy, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi Frazzy. Welcome!

There are no dumb questions. Just do a search for it and odds are someone has already asked it. If not, ask here and there are a lot of nice people willing to help.

Before I received my MP I watched a lot of drone crash videos. By the time I was able to fly I had a pretty good idea of what not to do. Just keep it close until you feel comfortable with the controls before you venture too far out. I am from Kansas myself and know that it can get quite windy so keep that in mind when you fly. A fast speed away means a slow speed back and your battery indicator does not take wind direction into account.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech