DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New here....

FireAnt

Reactions
Hello everyone.
I'm new here, from Manchester UK, but currently staying in the USA. (long story) and well what can I say, I'm still here.
I have lots of questions where I'm hoping you guys can help.

I'm new to the world of drones, but not new to photography. Anyway after considering buying one for quite some time now, I'm thinking of buying the Mavic Pro Platinum.
Maybe with the fly more combo pack.
What's everyone's thoughts on this compared to the Mavic pro 2? Also is it worth holding out until Amazon Prime day or Black Friday etc?
Moneys tight as I have a girlfriend. ?

Also, with me being from the UK and not having bought one yet, will I have any issues with registering a newly bought drone whilst I'm here in the USA?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

Welcome to the forum. You will find helpful advice and support here. We look forward to your participation and seeing your part of the world.

Hi Broze,

Welcome here, good to get members from Europe here.
Buying at reduced prices is always best when there is a wag about!
Otherwise better learn to sleep in you bathtub ;-)
For a good drone comparison check out the page Tomstechtime on YT.
Also best tutorials.

Do show us your pics and vids!

Ruud

Hello everyone.
I'm new here, from Manchester UK, but currently staying in the USA. (long story) and well what can I say, I'm still here.

I'm new to the world of drones, but not new to photography. Anyway after considering buying one for quite some time now, I'm thinking of buying the Mavic Pro Platinum.
What's everyone's thoughts on this compared to the Mavic pro 2? Also is it worth holding out until Amazon Prime day or Black Friday etc?

Also, with me being from the UK and not having bought one yet, will I have any issues with registering a newly bought drone whilst I'm here in the USA?

1. If you are looking for a new drone, I recommend the Mavic Air 2. Mavic Pro Platinum is not even in production anymore so I'm not sure if you can even find it new. I'm also not sure how much a refurbished or second hand one will cost you... but obviously there's risks associated with that.
  2. The Air 2 is the best drone in terms of value for money. I bought my first ever drone 2 weeks ago. The three I considered were Mavic Mini, Mavic Air 2 and Skydio 2. Unless you are very cash strapped (in which case you might want to choose the Mini) or you want the best autonomous flight modes (in which case the Skydio 2 wins), the Air 2 is the clear winner. It's half the cost of a prosumer drone like the Mavic 2 Pro, but with 90% of its capability.
  3. I don't know for sure, but DJI don't seem to hold sales on new merchandise. There were no deals on the Mini or Air 2 in China during the National Day holidays. I imagine they have a similar policy elsewhere.
  4. If you had to choose between buying in the US or the UK, buy in the US. It looks like DJI charges in premium in quite a lot of countries including the UK, but for some reason, their products are exactly the same price in the US as they are in China. In fact, due to current exchange rates, they are cheaper in the US than China, which is a bit mad considering shipping and the Trump tariffs(?).

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Hello everyone.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi Broze from sunny, hot and rainy central Florida!?
I have the M2Pro with the Smart Controller and it’s great !! Sometimes I still can’t believe what this drone can do... true that it was pricey but I splurged and went for it ... don’t forget that there is a classified section in this forum and I sometimes see M2P’s for sale if you would consider used ..read posts and check out YouTube for tons of knowledge! You can also ask people on this forum about things .. I’ve found them very helpful!!
good luck !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S