DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New iPhone 1200 nits

Welsh pilot

Reactions
Well now we have a new iphone that’s brighter than the smart controller and a bigger screen!
Seems that the best option would be to go for the upgrade phone and old controller for a better FPV.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
A little pricey. Would be scared that I would break it!

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Well now we have a new iphone that’s brighter than the smart controller and a bigger screen!
Seems that the best option would be to go for the upgrade phone and old controller for a better FPV.
Any thoughts?
That's peak brightness, typical is 800nits. Also factor in its using OLED which is a recipe for screen burn-in/ghosting makes it not the best choice. Found this out the hard way on my note 8 which also boasts 1200nit peak brightness. Now I'm always reminded of Go4 when I use my phone, even when it's not running ??

Any thoughts?

Your thread appears to be the 1st of two threads running on this topic.

I too was hopeful when I heard mention of 1200 nits on the new iPhone 11 Pro during the keynote presentation. I don't think you are going to see 1200 nits on the new iPhone 11 Pro very often.

The iPhone 11 Pro - Technical Specifications - Apple

in the Display section for:

Both models:
  • True Tone display
  • Wide color display (P3)
  • Haptic Touch
  • 800 nits max brightness (typical); 1200 nits max brightness (HDR)
  • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
"

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Trouble is that the iPhone automatically dims the screen when it gets too hot (to avoid overheating). When I'm out on a hot sunny day, my iphone 7 becomes almost unusable.

That is instantaneous peak HDR brightness and not anywhere near what that screen will be able to display continuously, so the SC and other Crystal Sky-based products are still going to be significantly brighter while avoiding all the battery issues and overheating/cold shutdowns that smartphones are known for.

The other concern is being an OLED, I would not want to have max brightness + a static image (the menus and flight data in the DJI app) on screen for extended periods of time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000