DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Landing Pad

welcome to the forum,the landing pad is good because it helps with preventing dirt from entering the motors and props getting damaged from objects sticking up from the ground,and it also gives a good reference point for RTH

Good afternoon young man. Regarding the use of landing pads I just use my rubber car mat when I go flying as it is always handy and always available. Ps. Regarding the "young man" I an 74 in May thi year. Regards Ian. (",)

My landing pad is used for the safety and cleanliness of my Mavic, as stated above, but I learned another useful purpose yesterday...

While flying at Fort Funston, one of last accepted places to fly a drone in San Francisco, my friends and I placed our landing pads in the same spot where hang gliders launch/land. We’re only allowed to fly there when the hang gliders are neither aloft nor preparing to run off the cliff.

Dog walkers and families with kids walk all over this area, even when hang gliders are around. But when they see our landing pads, they steer clear, or keep a safe distance to watch what we’re doing, We just remember to launch and fly up and over the cliff, away from everyone, but we know our landing area will be clear when our drones return.

Good afternoon young man. Regarding the use of landing pads I just use my rubber car mat when I go flying as it is always handy and always available. Ps. Regarding the "young man" I an 74 in May thi year. Regards Ian. (",)
No issues with being called a young man sir. The Mat outside my Back door is what I used previously.

I couldn't make up my mind so I bought the round style and the one thats flat and folds up and use each at different times. I'm glad I have both.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying