DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M2 Zoom, DJI Go 4 crashes?

emporer

Reactions
Ok, so I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 which I used with my Mavic Air with no issues at all, probably used for over 6 months up until a couple of weeks ago when I sold the Air, I took the M2Z out for its first flight today and after about 30 secs the DJI Go 4 app just crashed out and the tablet screen just went black and then a second or so later back to the home screen,I still had control so I landed and rebooted everything, took it up and about 12 mins into the flight it crashed again, so I restarted the app and it was ok for the remaining few mins until I landed again.

I'm using the USB-C cable that DJI supply with the drone as I've always done with my old Air so pretty sure that's not the issue, anyone have this happen? any fixes?

Little update, took it out again after deleting the app and re-installing, also changed the encoding from h265 back to h264, that was really the only setting change from when I had my Air, probably nothing to do with my issue anyway but gave it a go, managed an 11 min flight ok no issues, couldn't fly longer as its getting a little dark and cold, fingers crossed its ok.

Ok, so I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 which I used with my Mavic Air with no issues at all, probably used for over 6 months up until a couple of weeks ago when I sold the Air, I took the M2Z out for its first flight today and after about 30 secs the DJI Go 4 app just crashed out and the tablet screen just went black and then a second or so later back to the home screen,I still had control so I landed and rebooted everything, took it up and about 12 mins into the flight it crashed again, so I restarted the app and it was ok for the remaining few mins until I landed again.

I'm using the USB-C cable that DJI supply with the drone as I've always done with my old Air so pretty sure that's not the issue, anyone have this happen? any fixes?
clear flight records from tablet in go 4 app , after a while they jam up memory.

Hmm, could be my problem. I sync everything.

What version of Go are you using now that crashes? I've been on 4.3.0, hadn't been able to try 4.3.2 as my M2 is on the ambulance on its way to the hospital.

Hmm, could be my problem. I sync everything.

What version of Go are you using now that crashes? I've been on 4.3.0, hadn't been able to try 4.3.2 as my M2 is on the ambulance on its way to the hospital.

I haven't flown since updating, my only flights were last Sunday as detailed above, I hope it will be ok for me, the last flight after reinstalling etc was a good 11/12 mins with no probs, although on my first flight it got to around 12 mins when the app crashed.

Once we get some better weather then i'll get out and do more testing, I've also got an ipad I can use if needed so at least it gives me a second option.

My m2z is disconnecting the phone to remote so often that i cannot fly it. Tried the usb from remote base but no change.
First 5 flights were ok then started to disconnect and go blank during flights now get stuck in a cycle of asking to reset the link.
I can see the usual good start screen flicker on before it goes to disconnect mode. Cable shows phone charging off it and usb cable is new and works well in car. Samsung 8+ phone worked well for phantom 3 and first few flights.... waiting for dji to talk to me.....

So. I took the M2Z out on Friday for a couple of flights, first was a 20 min flight, again the app just crashed out around 8 mins and around 16 mins, then a second flight an hour or so later of just over 13 mins and the app crashed out at 4 mins, same as before with no warning or disconnecting, it just crashes out of the app and back to the home screen, the controller still retains connection to the M2Z so that's no problem and I can just open the app again and carry on as it come sup with the video feed straight away, when the app reloads and the video feed comes back it does its auto focus thing which annoyed me a little.

So, we also have an ipad at home, just a base model 2018 version which is plenty powerful enough, I went out yesterday morning to test this and got to 17 mins before landing it as my hands were cold! Had no problem at all with the ipad and to me the video feed seemed that little bit smoother too, but the main thing is it worked and hopefully I can have confidence in it now and i'll just use the ipad in future, just seems so odd the Galaxy Tab S3 is giving problems as I used it with my Air with not one issue in over 6 months.

Hello

my answer will not help but in my opinion, if you have hardware Apple, dont think twice, just use apple if you have it, it´s the most stable hardware you can get. it´s my opinion :)

My Note 4 android version 6.0.1 running DJI GO4 4.3.2 works with my M2Z to my surprise since it didnt work with my P4P a year ago. A lot of updates since then so they may have fixed the problem. My problem were pixelated video feedback and video lag.

Did you find out what was causing this? I have been using a Galaxy J7 and when I went to take video it would continually crash the app. I found that if I changed the image transmission mode to Regular Mode instead of HD mode the app would function normally. Not sure if this is due to the phone, I have a Galaxy S6 on order since that's on the DJI approved list.

Did you find out what was causing this? I have been using a Galaxy J7 and when I went to take video it would continually crash the app. I found that if I changed the image transmission mode to Regular Mode instead of HD mode the app would function normally. Not sure if this is due to the phone, I have a Galaxy S6 on order since that's on the DJI approved list.

Was just reading this: Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) | Phantom Help Has some useful suggestions on Android tweaks.

Reactions: rstyles

We have an ipad aswel as the Tab S3 so I have been using that ever since with no issues, never did find out what caused it, to be honest I've not even bothered with it since using the ipad, strange really as I despise Apple stuff generally but its working fine so i'll just stick with that now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman